redhat linux filemanager problem

Post by Alex La » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:54:09

Hi
I am new to Linux and I have just installed RedHat 7.1 for just a few days.
Every thing works fine.

Suddenly, on the desktop GNOME, file manager "gmc" refused to run and kept
flashing every 5 sec. (I checked from system monitor that a new instance is
run every 5 sec.)
Anyone has any idea what is wrong.

Thank you very much.

redhat linux filemanager problem

Post by Harlequi » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 17:13:03

Hi,

I had lot of problems with GNOME too and after several reinstallations I've
decided to switch to KDE. Now everything works fine.

regards

Quote:> Hi
> I am new to Linux and I have just installed RedHat 7.1 for just a few
days.
> Every thing works fine.

> Suddenly, on the desktop GNOME, file manager "gmc" refused to run and kept
> flashing every 5 sec. (I checked from system monitor that a new instance
is
> run every 5 sec.)
> Anyone has any idea what is wrong.

> Thank you very much.

1. Filemanager in RedHat Linux

Hello Folks !

I'm new to Linux (RedHat version 8) and thus have to ask the following:

How to I start the X-Window file manager from the Linux command shell
(program name)?
Also, how can I add that program to the RedHat start menu on the X-Win
desktop (KDE)?

Thanks in advance
                                      Morenga

2. Unix on a Mac?

3. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

4. Symposium: CETS-2001 content development input

5. "Invalid Folder Specification.." Filemanager problem

6. lpr: Where can I get good Docs on it...

7. problem with filemanager in solaris 2.3

8. Linux pager utility??

9. Filemanager Problem ???

10. Solaris OpenWindows 3 FileManager Problem - Lost Folders - On Bad Rename

11. a new plugins based filemanager for Linux

12. Click-n-drag filemanager for linux