anyone tried to optimize entire distribution for one arch?

anyone tried to optimize entire distribution for one arch?

Post by mark » Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:12:03

Is there a redhat 8.0 like distribution optimized for 686? Im just
wondering if i have to download every .src.rpm and build them all? If
so is their an easy way?
Thanks

.... http://www.gentoo.org

Post by mark » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 11:54:53

> > Is there a redhat 8.0 like distribution optimized for 686? Im just
> > wondering if i have to download every .src.rpm and build them all? If
> > so is their an easy way

> .... http://www.gentoo.org

heh, im sort of looking for a distro that looks and feels and works
identical to redhat, except for being optimized for 686.

anyone tried to optimize entire distribution for one arch?

Post by Joe Fredrickso » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:59:21

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 01:54 pm will from hence forward be known as the day mark v.
blabbered:

Quote:> heh, im sort of looking for a distro that looks and feels and works
> identical to redhat, except for being optimized for 686.

http://www.yoper.com

Im downloading the ISO currently to see if its good enough to put onto the
rest of my family's PC's -- they're away for a few weeks so im doing a LAN
overhaul.

I currently use Gentoo, and can say that i686 optimisations are great :) if
you want some hard core Linux installing use Gentoo, if you want RH then use
Yoper...

--
Mushrooms grow in damp places thats why they look like umbrellas

Registered Linux User 282072
<www.volutin.net -- everything irrelevant>