Did anyone compile ld86?

Post by Ben Lippo » Sun, 19 Jul 1992 17:34:07

Last week I posted a message about being unable to compile ld86
(probably due to the changed a.out format).  I did receive no answers.

Did anybody try to compile this (under 0.96c and GCC 2.2.2)?

It is not very important because I have a working binary already, but I'm
trying to put a system together with sources of everything I use.

Ben Lippolt

1. as86/ld86 problems compiling 1.3.35 kernel

As always, I'm afraid I may be posting a question that's been answered
a billion times, so please bear with me if that's the case.

I'm attempting to compile the 1.3.35 kernel, which I've done successfully
before.  Of course, that was before I updated my system to be ELF compatible.
In so doing, I upgraded to gcc-2.7.0 and binutils-2.5.2l.17.  Now when I try
to compile the kernel, as86 complains that it doesn't know the -0 option.
This occurs near the end of the process, in arch/i386/boot.

Should I just go back to an older version of as86 (and ld86)?  Or is there
something else I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help.

        -Ed

Iowa State University                       Opinions are my own, etc, etc...

2. changing IP,Subnet MASK address and GATEWAYaddress

3. Compiling AS86 and LD86 under AIX/PS2 1.2.1 with GCC 2.2.2

4. Getting Tulip to work with Compaq RedHat 7.2

5. Problem with compiling kernel (as86, ld86)

6. windows commercial

7. Problem compiling ld86 with GCC 2.2.2

8. Resonable Cost but NT beating Web Server Advice

9. compiling ld86 on a Sun SS1

10. MH-6.8 compiled with gcc under Solaris2.1 Anyone done it successfully?

11. Compiling rzsz? Has anyone done it?

12. Compiling Abiword: Has anyone successfully compile it on Solaris 9?

13. Where do as86 and ld86 come from?