Has anyone got the psx kernel from runix.ru to run?

Has anyone got the psx kernel from runix.ru to run?

Post by Mar » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 11:09:12

I have finially downloaded and unpacked the kernel tarball for psx,
but it comes with absolutely no documentation. Initially I though a
compile would be in order, but it already has a MIPS binary there. How
do I get the thing to boot on the psx box. I assume its a process of
burning onto a cd but i need specifics. Thanks

1. Getting around having to be root to run PPP

I am looking for an easy way to avoid being in root mode to dial ppp. I
understand that earlier versions of ppp do not have this problem, but I guess
I am looking for a 'quick and dirty' solution...since I'm the only user on my
machine, security isn't that big of a deal.

I have a script called 'ppplink-up' that calls chat and pppd to do the work,
and a 'ppplink-down' script to  stop the connection.  What I then did was
create a sort of a wrapper script called 'startppp' with a line like:
su root -c ppplink-up
in it. So what I do is just type startppp, and type my root password when it
prompts for it.  What I want to be able to do is to avoid the hassle of typing
the password in everytime, especially since I want to create a menu option to
start up PPP which won't work as long as I have to type a password.

What I tried doing is using echo to send my password to the script, doing
stuff like:
su root -c ppplink-up < echo password
but re-directing the ouput of echo various ways didn't work.

Any ideas? or should i just go hunt down and mess with the older version of
pppd?

thanks
-rich

2. A new help site for linux admins

3. A7M266-D + Slackware 8.1 + USB 2.0 PCI controller card

4. RU running Linux on an Abit ZM6?

5. Why use DNS for these servers ?

6. Has anyone gotten OpenNMS to run under RH 7.0

7. solaris 2.6 x86 gcc binaries?

8. Has anyone gotten Tin 1.22 to run on Solaris 2.3

9. Informix SQL (SCO) Has anyone gotten it to run on linux?

10. Has ANYONE gotten pcomm OR minicom to compile/run correctly?

11. Anyone getting "OK booting the kernel" and nothing else?

12. Getting a SCSI Kernel running