Pre Login Warning in Graphical Login

Post by Sa » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 23:01:20

I know how to configure a pre-login message using the issue and
issue.net file, but how can I configure this same message to appear if
someone is using the graphical interface to login in?

Post by Russell Sha » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 00:01:28

> I know how to configure a pre-login message using the issue and
> issue.net file, but how can I configure this same message to appear if
> someone is using the graphical interface to login in?

man xdm
You could call the issue things from /etc/X11/xdm/Xstartup.

Post by Sa » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:17:34

> > I know how to configure a pre-login message using the issue and
> > issue.net file, but how can I configure this same message to appear if
> > someone is using the graphical interface to login in?

> man xdm
> You could call the issue things from /etc/X11/xdm/Xstartup.

Thanks

I added the following line to the Xsetup_O file.

/usr/X11R6/bin/xmessage -buttons Accept:1 -file /etc/issue.X -c

This gives me a popup screen that displays the issue file which is
what I wanted. The only problem now is that I also would like for it
to reappear if someone enter the wrong password.

1. Pre-Login and Login Messages?

I know that the /etc/motd file can be used to show a message after someone
logs in, but what file has the information that shows at the login
prompt? I'd like to add a message for people to see before they actually
enter their login name and password.

After the motd file is displayed, two lines show when the last
unsuccessful login was and the last successful login. Which file contains
this information?

Finally, I know it's a simple line to add, but what could be added to the
end of the motd message to keep it from scrolling off the screen without
stopping?  Something that would require the user to hit return after
(hopefully) reading the message?

Thanks for any information.

Mike

--
-------------------
Hillsboro, Oregon

2. Help with PPP, PAP and Win 98 client to linux dial-up.

3. Login without login getting recorded into last login file

4. 2.2.5 on cdrom when ?

5. A nice graphical login prompt?

6. File system messed up - why?

7. can't login in graphical mode

8. Messaging

9. Graphical X Login at Startup?

10. Graphical login on Toshiba 300CT

11. switching to graphical login

12. remote graphical login

13. Passing arguments to X when using graphical login