Parallel Port File Transfer between 2 Hosts?

Parallel Port File Transfer between 2 Hosts?

Post by Daniel Gra » Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I want to implement a parallel port file transfer program
for a Posix compliant Operating System. It is similar to Linux.
The program should be as fast as possible (>=50kbytes/sec);
similar to the performance of the Laplink software.

I'm looking for an efficient low level file transfer protocol
for the parallel port. I'm using a standard Laplink cable.

Would be great if there is any source code available!

Thanks for your help!
Daniel

Parallel Port File Transfer between 2 Hosts?

Post by Lawrence Kir » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I want to implement a parallel port file transfer program
>for a Posix compliant Operating System. It is similar to Linux.
>The program should be as fast as possible (>=50kbytes/sec);
>similar to the performance of the Laplink software.

Try posting to either a Linux programming newsgroup or comp.unix.programmer
which is an appropriate newsgroup for POSIX questions. Both POSIX
and specific hardware like parallel ports is beyond the scope of language
newsgroups such as comp.lang.c.

Parallel Port File Transfer between 2 Hosts?

Post by Charles Blackbu » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:55:28 -0500, Daniel Graf blurted:
Quote:>I'm looking for an efficient low level file transfer protocol
>for the parallel port. I'm using a standard Laplink cable.

take a look at the PLIP (parallel port IP).

It comes with most (if not all) distro's.

works quite well from the VERY limited exp. I have had of it.
--
Charles Blackburn -=- Remove NOSPAM to email a reply.
Summerfield Technology Limited - SuSE Linux Reseller & Birmingham L.U.G sponsor

  8:00pm  up  2:07,  3 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.03, 0.00

1. Parallel Port File Transfer between 2 Hosts?

I want to implement a parallel port file transfer program
for a Posix compliant Operating System. It is similar to Linux.
The program should be as fast as possible (>=50kbytes/sec);
similar to the performance of the Laplink software.

I'm looking for an efficient low level file transfer protocol
for the parallel port. I'm using a standard Laplink cable.

Would be great if there is any source code available!

Thanks for your help!
Daniel

2. RPC svc_getcaller() problem 4.x/5.x

3. file transfer over parallel port?

4. Using Apache ErrorDocument 401 Config directive

5. File transfer between 2 PCs via parallel port

6. Newbie Question

7. File transfers across serial and/or parallel ports, hardwire, w/ PC

8. HELP! : parallel port file transfer

9. File transfer between 2 PCs via parallel port

10. Parallel to Parallel file transfers?

11. Transfer data from a client's port to a host port.

12. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk