PHP on Linux: connection to an Oracle DB ?

PHP on Linux: connection to an Oracle DB ?

Post by Michel Szybis » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi to all,

* We have Roxane (linux box, RH 5.2).
* We have Marylin (SCO with Oracle 7.3.4).
* We have several WinNT4SPxx accessing the Oracle database from a Java
1.2.2 client through JDBC and classes111.zip Oracle drivers.

Apache (1.3.9) is installed on Roxane, with PHP enabled (v. 4).

We'd like to be able to access the Oracle database on Marylin through a
PHP script.

Is this possible ??  How ??

Thanks in advance for any tips,
and have a nice week-end!

Michel.

--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Jonas Pederse » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Hi to all,

> * We have Roxane (linux box, RH 5.2).
> * We have Marylin (SCO with Oracle 7.3.4).
> * We have several WinNT4SPxx accessing the Oracle database from a Java
> 1.2.2 client through JDBC and classes111.zip Oracle drivers.

> Apache (1.3.9) is installed on Roxane, with PHP enabled (v. 4).

> We'd like to be able to access the Oracle database on Marylin through a
> PHP script.

> Is this possible ??  How ??

> Thanks in advance for any tips,
> and have a nice week-end!

> Michel.

> --

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Try taking a look at the PHP manual, there is something about the Oracle
databases

Jonas Pedersen