DOSEMU:0.49 doesn't work, won't compile.

DOSEMU:0.49 doesn't work, won't compile.

Post by Allen M. Ashl » Mon, 23 Aug 1993 05:28:10

I tried posting to comp.os.linux.help but got no response. Sorry
to keep this channel open. It would seem that the dosemu0.49 should
run out of the box since the /etc/dosemu/config file is interpreted
at run time. Not so. After loading up diskimage I get a never ending
sequence of:

SYSCALL ERROR:38 function not implemented in file mutex.c
expr=semop(sem,semoa,1)
line 52 or 79.

I tried several tweaks of the config file and I do get the time/date
prompt but it ends there.

When I do compile dosemu0.49 by: make config, make dep, make install
I get an ld error since the lib ipc can't be found( this is SLS 1.03, the
latest on tsx-11). I read an earlier post that I should just drop the
-lipc from the ld statement, and the make install goes through. However
the emulator then just hangs, as if it were waiting for input and never
sees the keyboard.

I got the earlier version of dosemu to run, but this one seems to be
a giant step backward. Any clues for the clueless?

DOSEMU:0.49 doesn't work, won't compile.

Post by Howlin' B » Mon, 23 Aug 1993 08:33:03

Quote:>run out of the box since the /etc/dosemu/config file is interpreted
>at run time. Not so. After loading up diskimage I get a never ending
>sequence of:
>SYSCALL ERROR:38 function not implemented in file mutex.c
>expr=semop(sem,semoa,1)
>line 52 or 79.

This seems to say that your kernel doesn't have SYSV IPC support
compiled in.  What version of the kernel do you run?  I recommend
0.99pl12 *with* SYSV IPC enabled.

Quote:>I got the earlier version of dosemu to run, but this one seems to be
>a giant step backward. Any clues for the clueless?

Uh, thank you for the confidence.  Good luck.

--
Robert Sanders
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt8134b

Post by Zhuo Er L » Tue, 24 Aug 1993 07:36:46

>>run out of the box since the /etc/dosemu/config file is interpreted
>>at run time. Not so. After loading up diskimage I get a never ending
>>sequence of:
>>SYSCALL ERROR:38 function not implemented in file mutex.c
>>expr=semop(sem,semoa,1)
>>line 52 or 79.
>This seems to say that your kernel doesn't have SYSV IPC support
>compiled in.  What version of the kernel do you run?  I recommend
>0.99pl12 *with* SYSV IPC enabled.
>>I got the earlier version of dosemu to run, but this one seems to be
>>a giant step backward. Any clues for the clueless?
>Uh, thank you for the confidence.  Good luck.

I also have ththe same problem.  My kernel is out of box SLS 1.03 p12.

BTW, I only can run dosemu oncnly once.  Now it never run.

I follows the dosemu FAQ exactttly, but it said:

BTESTING DOS_SYSCALL messages..
SYSCALL ERROR: 45, *Level 2 not synchronized* in file emu.c, line 235: expr=
        -1
CLI/STI initialized
VID: malloc'ed scrbuf at 0x00114000
debug flags: -a
debug flags: -vsdRWkpiwghxmIEc
DEBUG FLAGS:
disk: 0, keyboard: 0, video: 0, io: 0
serial: 0, printer: 0, warning: 0 , general: 0
ERROR: IMAGE diskimage header lacks magic string - cannot autosense!
leavedos(1) called - shutting down
ERROR: signal 11 received in leavedos()
ERROR: signal 11 received in leavedos()
ERROR: signal 11 received in leavedos()
ERROR: signal 11 received in leavedos()
ERROR: signal 11 received in leavedos()
ERROR: timed/signalled out in leavedos()

What's the problem?
|  Eric Lin                       (Home):   (204) 783-2884             |
|    Computer Engineering      FAX Modem:   (204) 783-2884             |

DOSEMU:0.49 doesn't work, won't compile.

Post by Howlin' B » Tue, 24 Aug 1993 23:40:52

Quote:>I follows the dosemu FAQ exactttly, but it said:

The FAQ?  I do hope you mean the manual.

Quote:>ERROR: IMAGE diskimage header lacks magic string - cannot autosense!

This rather cryptic message is telling you that your disk image
isn't of the correct format.  However, it looks like you're trying
to install a floppy disk image "diskimage" as a hard disk image,
because dosemu doesn't try to autosense geometry on a disk image.
Are you sure you're configuring it properly?  Please re-read the
appropriate sections in the manual.

--
Robert Sanders
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt8134b

1. DOSEMU 0.49 won't compile under SLS 1.03 ???

I wonder if someone could help me with compiling DOSEMU 0.49... I have had
it compiled before, and would like to do so again.  However, I have
removed the source tree from my first compile, leaving only the
executables.  Now I don't have a working makefile anymore.

I downloaded the sources from tsx-11 (or was is sunsite?  I forget) and
installed them, but when I have finished configuring it and try to
compile, it goes through all of the compiling up to the 'ld' command
(where I assume it links all of the *.o files together?  I'm not a C
programmer...), then it dies with the error message 'incorrect directory
for libipc' or some such.

Any suggestions?  I remember from the first time I compiled it that I got
this message, but I don't recall the procedure to fix it...  Something
about editing a line in the Makefile, I think.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

2. tcpdump?

3. dosemu 0.49...can't get it working

4. Help: Plug and Play modems and Linux: Linux can't see it!

5. How to use 'Alt' key in DOSEMU 0.49 ???

6. current status of gcc and libraries?

7. help needed: AWE32 PNP won't work - kernel won't compile - gurus read this!

8. DOSEMU 0.49 compile problem

9. dosemu 0.49 [How to compile]

10. dosemu 0.49 pl13 compile error - flex unresolved symbols

11. Prob. Compiling Dosemu 0.49

12. dosemu 0.49 pl13 compile error