Mac fileserver for Linux?

Post by Kyle Kruszewsk » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 15:59:39

I haven't been able to find any info on fileserving for Macs.  Is there
anything out there like Samba?  Any good links you guys know of?

Thanks,
Kyle Kruszewski

Mac fileserver for Linux?

Post by Rod Smi » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 00:24:33

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> I haven't been able to find any info on fileserving for Macs.  Is there
> anything out there like Samba?  Any good links you guys know of?

Yes. Netatalk is the usual solution, although there's at least one other
(CAP). For information on Netatalk, check:

http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/
http://thehamptons.com/anders/netatalk/

It's also covered to some extent in a small number of printed books,
including my _Linux: Networking for Your Office_
(http://www.rodsbooks.com/network/).

--

http://www.rodsbooks.com
Author of books on Linux & multi-OS configuration

1. Linux as a Fileserver for Mac and Win

Hello,
I have a problem with my Linux-Fileserver when a Mac-Client tries to
edit a file, which was put on the fileserver by a windows-machine. Samba
and Netatalk are running but when a Win-Client puts for example a
jpg-file on the fileserver and a mac tries to copy this file on his hd,
the mac gets an error-message "could not copy file on the desktop
because I could not find the file".
Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks a lot...

Hansi Daberger,
Webmaster Rock Hard Magazine

2. Calendar Manager, callog location ( summary and further ?? )

3. MAC clients on Linux fileserver

4. No sgtty.h file in /usr/include

5. How do I setup a portable Fileserver that hooks up to Macs and WinPCs via ethernet ?

6. HTML Help files (an updated set of man pages)

7. using Mklinux for a Mac/NT fileserver network

8. corrupted DES/KRB libs?

9. comp.sys.mac.misc comp.sys.mac.system comp.sys.mac.apps

10. LinuxSoft - the virtual Linux-Fileserver for all Linux-Applikations, Drivers and Documentations just opened

11. LinuxSoft - the virtual Linux-Fileserver for all Linux-Applications, Drivers and Documentations just opened