Strange modem problem -- my modem no longer works in Linux

Strange modem problem -- my modem no longer works in Linux

Post by Jonathan Badg » Sat, 07 Aug 1993 04:35:46

Just recently, my modem ceased to work in Linux. No, I didn't upgrade my
kernel or anything, it just stopped working in Linux. It still works fine
in DOS, which is the wierd thing -- otherwise I'd assume my modem died.

What happens is that when I run Seyon, I can no longer dial out -- it claims
I'm already connected, and using the hang up function doesn't work. If I set
Seyon to ignore carrier-detect, it simply dials without getting a dial tone.

The serial autodetection routines still find my modem at bootup, so it looks
like Linux knows it is there...

Has anyone any ideas as what could be going wrong? Is there any way part of
my modem could be damaged causing it to still work under DOS but not Linux?

BTW: The modem in question is a Wang 9600/i internal modem.

1. Modem/serial line no longer works in linux 0.98.1 !!!

I just upgraded to version 0.98.1 only to find out that the system no longer
recognizes my internal modem on COM 2, but it find COM 1 OK???  I read an
earlier thread discussing this problem, but people said that it would work
anyways (even if not detected)  Well, I tried it to no avail.  Does anyone
have any suggestions???  Thanks.

Jaime

2. Creating a new group

3. Modem dialout/dialin no longer works with p12

4. Win95 OSR 2.1 CD $35 W/Fat32, Fat converter, Full install

5. ppp no longer work after installed cable modem (now I have default route)

6. DISTRIBUTION STATUS

7. supraexpress modems (28.8) problems w/dial-ins

8. 99278C4A About software standards.

9. Modem no longer works

10. ISA Modem No Longer Works w/ RedHat 6.1

11. Modem no longer works correctly

12. cable modem doesn't work under linux -- strange

13. Please help: strange PCMCIA modem problem in Linux.....