Aureal drivers aren't there after reboot

Aureal drivers aren't there after reboot

Post by antipo » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I've got a Montego Bay II soundcard (Aureal chipset) and I installed the
drivers and it works fine but when I reboot I have to reinstall because
none of my music apps can find the device. Anyone know how to make them
stay? I'm using Slack 7.1

Aureal drivers aren't there after reboot

Post by Gareth William » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I had a similar problem with Suse.  Go to www.suse.de/en and search their
knowledge base for "aureal".  Bear in mind that the /etc/modules.conf
mentioned might be peculiar to SuSe.  You may have to edit a different (but
equivalent) file for Slack.

> I've got a Montego Bay II soundcard (Aureal chipset) and I installed the
> drivers and it works fine but when I reboot I have to reinstall because
> none of my music apps can find the device. Anyone know how to make them
> stay? I'm using Slack 7.1

1. Aureal 8830 Driver... linux.aureal.com=BAD?

Hello, I am trying to get drivers for an aureal sq2500 card, using 8830
chipset, and the only place i Know of that has (had?) it was
linux.aureal.com, but I can't get there?  Does anyone know if this site is
still up? or perhaps an alternative location to d/l the driver?

Thanks,
Todd

2. I can not compile postgresql in AIX431.

3. why aren't 'esc' ~ 'break' recognized?

4. what is recommended linux authentication method?

5. OS5 'All licenses are in use' but aren't

6. HELP: Unix & C programming

7. ksh script leaving 'running jobs' that aren't

8. NFS

9. 'reboot' sometimes reboots my machine!!

10. Aureal Vortex1 (SQ1500) vs Aureal Vortex2(SQ2500)

11. Why aren't users' processes going away (Solaris 2.4)

12. x86: Why aren't SCSI ID's 8-15 enabled?

13. posix/ksh: Constants aren't; Variables won't