Konq, 'LAN Browsing'

Post by nik » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:33:59

Now, generally speaking, I'm not going to die if I can't get this
figured out, but it would be nice. Basically the problem is such:
According to various googles^TM I found that in order to activate the
"LAN Browser" feature in konqueror, I needed to install the
kde-networking-lisa rpm. So, like any good monkey, I did. No dice.
I've configured my networking details in the control center and took a
look at the /etc/lisarc which, to my unknowing eyes, looks OK. Oh and
lisa is running (sound funny dunnit?).

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, or could point me at some docs, that
would be excelent.

-Nick

1. How to browse internt thru' LAN's MS proxy server (also serving as firewall)

Hi,

Recently, I installed Redhat Linux 7.0 at my office computer.  Our intranet
uses all Microsoft stuff and all my collegues use windows boxes.

I could manage to connect my linux box to interal LAN successfully (also
could browse the network neighbourhood by using Samba server).  We have DHCP
server on our LAN.  So, I have used DHCP client protocal for my Linux box.
So during login, I could automatically get private IP address, gateway, IP
address of internal DNS server correctly.  These things I confirmed by
checking relevant configuration files (like /etc/resolv.conf ,
/etc/sysconfig/network ...) in my linux box.

But, I can't get authenticated by our firewall ( ofcouse, in netscape, proxy
server options , I have enterned correct address of our internal firewall &
port). Another thing, I observed, if use "connect thru' proxy server option
in netscape, I can't even surf our INTRANET sites.  But if I change, options
to " direct connection to internet" in Netscape, I could surf the INTRANET
sites.

But same thing, If I do using Winnt system, I could successfully get
authenticated thru' our firewall to browse the internet.

We use MS proxy server 2.0.  Another interesting thing I observated is :
When I use WINNT system & start IE5.5 for internet browsing, during
authentication process, there are 3 feilds displayed

field#1 : username
field#2 : password
field#3 : domainname

But , When I use my Linux box & start Netscape 4.75, during authentication
process, only first two fields are displayed. I don't know why.  Is this
creating problem..

Could anybody help me, why I am not able connect my Linux box to internet
thru MS proxy server.

thanx in advance.

DJ Rao

Posted from [203.126.46.174] by way of f224.law9.hotmail.com [64.4.9.224]

2. aout to ELF conersion question

3. Can't 'Open With...' HTML Konq file manager using Opera 6 beta 1

4. configuring tap0

5. KDE LAN Browsing Doesn't Work

6. open files

7. Can't Browse on my Lan HELP

8. 2.4.18 losing memory?

9. Can't Browse my lan

10. Win2k can't browse apache webserver on LAN

11. What's equivalent to Windows's Network Neighborhood browsing ?

12. audio cd browsing in Konq 3.1.1 -- How to change device?

13. Konq doesn't always start