anyone uses: Oracle9i + SuSE 7.3

Post by Maarten Volders aKa ShadowDance » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 05:01:58

Hi,

Does anyone uses the combinations Oracle9i + SuSE 7.3?  Because I'm thinking
of installing the two on my ssytem and i would like some insiders opinion
about the use of that combination, pro's and cons, other suggestions?

Thx

Maarten
:~: A Linux / Oracle Newbie Student :~:

1. Why is SuSE updates for 7.3 older than 7.3?

Can someone please explain this property of SuSE for me?  They
have the 7.3 directory of rpms, and also the updates for 7.3
directory.  The 7.3 (nonupdates) rpms are newer than the updates.

I discovered this after spending a few hours trying to determine
how to enable ext3 after I'd applied all the updates, but tune2fs
didn't have the -j option.

Also, in yast, is there an easy way to see the version of an rpm
before deciding to install it?

Thanks.

----

2. link aggragation with broadcom cards

3. cannot link static using KDE 2.2.1 (Suse 7.3)

4. Konqueror Crashes & Other Updates

5. : Setting Up A Dial In Server Using SuSE 7.3 Pro

6. cron - not executing all commands in a shell script

7. Upgrade to KDE3 using SuSE 7.3

8. ASF setup

9. Printing problems from clients to server using Samba on SuSE 7.3 Pro

10. newbie using Suse 7.2, want to upgrade to 7.3

11. Using a FlexScan USB disk under SuSE 7.3

12. Anyone using an old Gateway Solo 2100 with RH 7.3?

13. 43P 140 SuSE 7.3, Was: IBM RS/6000 43P 140 SuSe v7.3 PCI Graphic Card