Mail and News

Post by DSB » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 19:44:03

I have finally spat the dummy after giving netscape6 the benefit of the
doubt for a couple of weeks and decided to change.

For a web browser I'm using Opera. But was hoping to ask advice as to a
good, fast, simple email and news app. also a POP3 mail notifier (possibly
acting as a screen saver).

I'm using window maker as a interface.

Waiting for some suggestions, thanks
Dave

Mail and News

Post by Stev » Mon, 01 Jan 2001 13:56:00

> For a web browser I'm using Opera. But was hoping to ask advice as to a
> good, fast, simple email and news app. also a POP3 mail notifier (possibly
> acting as a screen saver).

  There isn't too much simpler than NS 3.04 for mail and news.
Compared to the later Netscapes, it's small and fast, and gives
about all the functionality you need.

  For notification, I use xbiff.

-
Steve Ackman