red hat 7.2 linuxconf cannot be found

Post by Zidane » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:11:01

My ex collogues leave.
I cannot find linuxconf to modify the IP & network DNS....
any idea to me???
Sure it has previous netowrk setting. Now i need modify it....
but cannot find linuxconf

Post by Roger Lindmar » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:05:35

> My ex collogues leave.
> I cannot find linuxconf to modify the IP & network DNS....
> any idea to me???
> Sure it has previous netowrk setting. Now i need modify it....
> but cannot find linuxconf

There is a new tool Redhat Network Configuration. This package is on the
installation CDs, if you can't find that it is already installed.

Sincerely Yours

Roger

_____________________________
Linux RedHat 7.2
OS/2 Warp 4

Post by Jean-Paul Thuo » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:02:29

> My ex collogues leave.
> I cannot find linuxconf to modify the IP & network DNS.... any idea to
> me???
> Sure it has previous netowrk setting. Now i need modify it.... but
> cannot find linuxconf

Try (as root):  setup

You should then see choices to set up your network/IP etc.

Jean-Paul
-------
I have found the missing link between ape and human: it is us.

(to reply, remove the whiterabbit)

Post by Jon Hola » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 04:45:35

> My ex collogues leave.
> I cannot find linuxconf to modify the IP & network DNS....
> any idea to me???

The obvious to me would be to reinstall linuxconf from the redhat cd,
and if they took that then just download it.

http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/linuxconf/

Post by Javier Isas » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 05:26:56

> My ex collogues leave.
> I cannot find linuxconf to modify the IP & network DNS....
> any idea to me???
> Sure it has previous netowrk setting. Now i need modify it....
> but cannot find linuxconf

I had the same issue with RH 7.2. It does not include linuxconf as part
of my installation. So you have to go back to the CD's or dload the
RPM for linuxconf and install it. RPM -i whatever_package.rpm

you have to be root...beer.

TO verify it has been installed type "which linuxconf"

and it should appear below..

I also found that KDE on the system menu has a nice gui app that configures
your network. Still if you are used to linuxconf you is in the distribution
CD's.

Javier.

1. Samba - Red Hat sees Win2k but Win2k cannot see Red Hat 7.2

After installing Red Hat 7.2 I configured Samba. I can mount and browse
shares on a Win2k Pro system on the network. However, the Win2k system
cannot see the Red Hat system.

I can ping the Red Hat system from the Win2k system both by name and IP
address. However, if I search for the Red Hat system from Windows Explorer,
either by name or IP address, it is not found.

I am a Linux novice and have run out of things to check. Any suggestions?

Bill

2. LD_PRELOAD for sshd ?

3. 7.2 Install cannot find Red Hat CD-ROM

4. Automatic logout facility for SunOS 4.1.

5. Cannot connect to the internet through modem in Red hat 7.2?

6. Curses question, UnixPC system, SVR3.51m keypad input

7. cannot play games in linux red hat 7.2

8. Unix Admin Resources (JOBS, RESUMES, LINKS)!

9. Cannot access Red Hat 7.2 from the Internet

10. Configuracion Red Hat 7.2 en red

11. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

12. server nic cards and REd Hat 7.2

13. Red Hat Linux 7.2 download and setup