Prob with ftp;ing from tsx-11 ftp site.

Post by Rakesh Narasimh » Tue, 03 Nov 1992 23:56:33

Hi nettors,
I ftp'ed into tsx-11.mit.edu to try to get the SLS package.
Gives me Permission denied message on every file.  Then I tried
to get some documents from the /pub/linux/docs directory.  Same
message.  I could ftp stuff from the sdame directories on Fiday
Oct 30th with no probs.  Why this sudden change,  Any help is
appreciated.

-rakesh

Post by James Michael Chac » Wed, 04 Nov 1992 11:04:44

>Hi nettors,
>I ftp'ed into tsx-11.mit.edu to try to get the SLS package.
>Gives me Permission denied message on every file.  Then I tried
>to get some documents from the /pub/linux/docs directory.  Same
>message.  I could ftp stuff from the sdame directories on Fiday
>Oct 30th with no probs.  Why this sudden change,  Any help is
>appreciated.
>-rakesh

I just got on, and saw no problems with the directory and file permissions.
Are you sure you were trying to get files and not directorys?

James

1. FTP-site, mirroring tsx-11 in Germany?

Hi freaks,

I heard about an FTP-site in Munich, that's mirroring tsx-11.mit.edu.
Can anybody tell the internet-number?
It's because I can't acces tsx-11.

Many thanks
           M&M

2. SOC on Micron Laptop

3. German FTP-Server ready/Mirroring tsx-11

4. AHA-2920 SCSI adapters supported?

5. xcolorsel(was xpalette) uploaded to ftp.x.org, tsx-11 and sunsite

6. killed process

7. tsx-11 FTP server broken??

8. Configuration of sound card yamaha724 (linux6.0)

9. Linux 0.97 at TSX-11 ftp site. Probs with SCSI HD.

10. UnixWare FTP sites for my FTP sites FAQ?

11. FTP: New Linux FTP site: ftp.kernel.org

12. where is 3.1.2F on tsx-11

13. Newest Slackware distribution - tsx-11 or sunsite ?