RAID1 on RedHat 7.2

Post by Alky Thoma » Sun, 09 Jun 2002 18:27:08

I have created software RAID1 on two identical disks during installation. So
I suppose the two disks are exact copies of each other. But I have noticed
that boot sector is written only in the one of the two (I unplugged the disk
and the second wouldn't boot). So, how would I be able to achieve fault
tolerance in this case? Obviously I am missing something here.

1. RAID1 on Alpha, Red Hat 7.2

We're trying to get Red Hat 7.2 on an Alpha DP264 (dual EV6), with
software RAID-1 set up for all partitions except /boot.  After a month
of troubleshooting, there appears to be a problem with the md driver.
We are getting frequent "unable to handle kernel paging request"
errors, other times the system will just completely lock up.  I have
found several postings about RAID on the Alphas doing this, but so far
no solutions have been posted.

We have been using the 2.4.9 stock kernel, as well as a custom 2.4.19
kernel from the source at kernel.org.

Has anybody been able to get RAID1 to work on an Alpha, with a 2.4.x
series kernel?

Thanks for all feedback.

--
Chris

2. The "master" of evil doers

3. configuring gcc-2.7.2.x on redhat 7.2

4. YDL vs. Mandrake on a Beige G3? Install problems w/ both

5. RedHat 7.2 on THinkPad 7.2

6. Always return the same ServerName??

7. install problems, redhat 6.2 vs redhat 7.2 on PC-104+ single board computer

8. Bootable CD-ROM

9. Help: Upgrade from Redhat 7.1 to Redhat 7.2 results internet problem

10. Redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.4.x or Redhat 7.2 ?

11. 2.4.19: Strange raid1 resync problem with raid1 on top of multipath raids

12. Win2k and RedHat 7.2 on different hard-drive dual-boot with LILO??

13. Redhat 7.2 and Scanners