Gateway Solo 9100 Video problem with Redhat 7.1

Gateway Solo 9100 Video problem with Redhat 7.1

Post by Rob Vallie » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:34:41

Hello:

I have a Gateway Solo 9100 using a Trident *9397 video chip and
recently installed RedHat 7.1. I have been very impressed with the
RedHat install and Linux in general.

During my custom graphical installation, my video chip was detected

screen.

I am using XFree86 Version 4.0.3. I have spent too many days hunting
for a solution. It appears that the SVGA server is not being used,
rather VGAHW and FBDEVHW. I can find no reference to XF86_SVGA server
in the XFree log files. I have since installed it using RPM but its
only an executable in the X/bin directory.

How can I obtain the 'installation' configuration that worked during

XF86_SVGA server?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Regards,

Rob Valliere

1. Problems installing linux on a Gateway solo 9100

Hi there I'm trying to properly setup linux on my new Gateway solo 9100XL.
I need to instull two partitions 1 for WNT the other one for linux. I
intalled wnt first and Linux then.
Lilo boot wnt correctly but while WNT is  loading  (blue screen, just after
showing the memory avalable), it crash telling it is enable to access boot
device. tyhe only way to boot it is to run fdisk /mbr to uninstall lilo.

The second problem is to let Linux to see the pcmcia modem, ( I just
succeded to let it to see the pcmcia 3com card)

Thanx in advance for helping
Renato

2. Adaptec ESDI & Maxtor 8760E Won't Recognize

3. a couple of annoying problems installing linux on a gateway Solo 9100

4. inn

5. Problem with modem and ethernet cards on Gateway Solo 9100

6. DL320 G2 as Gigabit Router

7. sendmail 8.7.5 building

8. sound on gateway solo 9100

9. Gateway Solo 9100 S5-233, question.

10. GateWay Solo 9100 (233mmx) PCMCIA Oddity!

11. XF86Config for Gateway Solo 9100 laptop