Running an application on the server

Post by Cyri » Wed, 01 May 2002 18:16:26

Hi everybody

In the company I working, we use Ghost ( to reimage machines ).
But everytime, we have to download the Ghost image on the machine
(stored it in a partition) and reboot the machines and install the
image.

What I would like to set up is a server ( with Linux of course :-))
that will reimage directly your machine:
1. The user will have a boot floppy disk with network support and will
log on to the server
2.Then after logging, the server will launch automatically Ghost (
that is located on the server) and the user will select the required
image and Ghost will install it.

I know that it is possible as Novell uses the same with pqdi

Can anyone help me out?

I hope I was clear enough

Cheers

Cyril

1. Can I run Windows applications from a Linux server?

yes, you can do that.  when the windows machine runs a program, it just
asks for the contents of the file.  the linux box doesn't have to do
anything with the file beyond sending it to the windows machine.  you can
set up a windows style shared drive easily on linux with the samba
pacakge.

paramount.ind.wpi.edu RedHat 5.2b4 kernel 2.1.125   i586 | at public servers
Every woman's a 10.  It just depends which base you're counting in.

2. linux denies printer access.

3. Running an Open VMS x application on Linux X server

4. BSD printing subsystem for Solaris

5. Running a X-application on a remote server

6. ftape2.03 problem after upgrade to PCI/133mhz

7. Running X based application from web server

8. Help me install X-window, please

9. Running Java application on the Linux server

10. Sizing Sun Ray Servers Running Windows Applications

11. How to share one IP address with two servers (application server and web server)?

12. Trying Application suite that usually runs on Solaris 8 to run on Solaris 10

13. Run time consistency check of OS and Application running in RAM