is this correct- please take a look

Post by Sang K » Wed, 07 Apr 1993 06:50:13

I'm trying to install Linux .99lp6
First I put in the a1 disk
then the a2 disk
and I type

fdisk

then I would press 'n' to create  a partition
then press 'p' for primary partition (I already have DOS partition #1)
then '2' to create partition #2 for linux.
Then I would press 't' then change partition #2 (linux) to a different type
'83'
then create a third partition for swapping

after rebooting
I typed

mk2efs /dev/hda2/xxxxx        ---xxxxx is the size

then I would type

mkswap /dev/hda3/yyyyy     ----yyyy is the size of the swap

then I would type

swapon /dev/hda3

then I would install disk a2 a3 and a4

then I wqould reboot, and would get messages saying that the filesystem
doesn't match or something like that

I used mk2efs because I want to create a large partition for linux.

were all the steps correct?  If not what steps should I follow?
Is there a file that tells you how to install it?
and can you explain mkfs, mkefs and mk2efs?

thanks in advance

1. Am I correct?

DSL line connected to Internet sharing device(ZOT 1400 - like a Linksys)
with Windows box and Mandrake 8.0 box.
Samba configured correctly - I am almost positive.
Internet Sharing Device is set to only allow port 80 in HTTP to my Linux
box.

From Windows i can http://Linuxbox, but I cannot ping Linuxbox.- time out,
while I also cannot
ping 192.168.10.1(Linux IP address)...therefore Network Neighbourhood cannot
see Linux box
because I am not allowing some(?) port through...

I also cannot issue mount -t - smbf \\windowsbox - which gets windowsbox not
found

Am i correct in that my firewalling (only allowing port 80 through) is
preventing Samba from working as designed?

2. 'chat' problem

3. Am I in the correct newsgroup?

4. Setup 3Com ADSL modem PCI model #3CP4224-TLS

5. "who am i" doesn't give correct info

6. setup for gcc to compile both Sunos and Solaris needed

7. Anybody took a look at the Unix source code from SCO?

8. How to put a ftp command in a shell script

9. Looking for correct patches for kernel 2.4.7-10 to run LVS

10. Can not ping localhost -- all looks correct...

11. Looks kike Linux is taking the lead!

12. Looking for correct Monitor specs

13. sed not taking [\t]+ tho it takes [\t]*