Cannot mount CD in KDE environment(Redhat 7.1)

Cannot mount CD in KDE environment(Redhat 7.1)

Post by \\ » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:29:52

Hi all! I got a problem with the KDE environment in Redhat Linux 7.1
When i insert the Audio CD, Linux software, MP3 into my cdrom, and when i
mount it, error prompt out -

Report error :
Mount : wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom, or too many
mounted file systems.

But the strange thing is i got no problem with the cdrom in GNOME
environment. Hope any friends can help me, thanks!

LM

Post by Pau » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 22:00:25

> Hi all! I got a problem with the KDE environment in Redhat Linux 7.1
> When i insert the Audio CD, Linux software, MP3 into my cdrom, and when i
> mount it, error prompt out -

> Report error :
> Mount : wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom, or too many
> mounted file systems.

You cant mount audio cds like you do a data cd.  They dont read the
same as an ISO image containing data.  Just put cd in bring up
cdplayer and play away no mount needed.

Paul

Quote:

> But the strange thing is i got no problem with the cdrom in GNOME
> environment. Hope any friends can help me, thanks!

> LM

Cannot mount CD in KDE environment(Redhat 7.1)

Post by \\ » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 12:34:44

Thanks Paul! Now the problem seems like fixed already. But i got a new
problem now, hope you can help me.  Everytime after i run the 'SNDCONFIG'
command in root to configure my sound card, the setting will go away in the
next login(GNOME and KDE). Means everytime i need to run the 'SNDCONFIG'
when i want to listen the sound/songs. How do i get rid of this, thanks for
reply!!

LM

Quote:> > Hi all! I got a problem with the KDE environment in Redhat Linux 7.1

Post by Pau » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 00:42:27

> Thanks Paul! Now the problem seems like fixed already. But i got a new
> problem now, hope you can help me.  Everytime after i run the 'SNDCONFIG'
> command in root to configure my sound card, the setting will go away in the
> next login(GNOME and KDE). Means everytime i need to run the 'SNDCONFIG'
> when i want to listen the sound/songs. How do i get rid of this, thanks for
> reply!!

> LM

A couple of things come to mind, one simple and the other permission
related.  SUSE always installs sound mixers with the cd input potted
down so this may also be true with other distros.  Just open your
sound mixer, in multimedia, and make sure all your levels are up and
unmuted.  Also make sure you have user permission, which you should,
for the cd.  Most likely and hopefully it is as simple as the mixer,
kmix in KDE.

Hope this helps

Paul

1. Redhat 7.1 Install cannot find CD

Ok. I downloaded the complete ISO image of RH7.1.  I used Adaptec EasyCD
Creator to burn the ISO image to CD.  I specified that the CD should be
ISO9660 format.

During the install, I am asked to insert the install CD in the drive even
though it's in there already.  What am I missing?

2. Xanim and Glibc Problem

3. Cannot Telnet to new RedHat 7.1

4. Getting Email With exmh

5. Cannot install alsa driver on Redhat 7.1

6. CBW (Cryptbreakers Workbench) Port to Linux ?

7. redhat 7.1 cannot run ftpd or rlogind

8. What's a Context Switch?

9. Cannot FTP with root to Redhat 7.1.

10. Absolutely cannot get ibcs2 to run on redhat 7.1 HELP!

11. xpdf for redhat version 7.1 using KDE

12. Problem installing KDE 3.0 on Redhat 7.1

13. KDE slow on redhat 7.1 - apologies if this has already been posted.