Remote linux server help needed

Post by Terr » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 06:36:45

The question I have, is that my current e-mail server is a redhat 6.1
linux box, but I have another linux box (redhat 7.0).  How do I set up
the
new linux box to send emails to the redhat 6.1 box without checking
for
local users?  They are both members of the same domain.  The reason
being, I want to do the firewall reporting, but so far, it just
delivers locally, even with a fully qualified e-mail name.

Remote linux server help needed

Post by Jame » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 06:03:20

Just a thought, but you could try adding the linux box to the hosts file,
then use that name.

Brandon

Quote:> The question I have, is that my current e-mail server is a redhat 6.1
> linux box, but I have another linux box (redhat 7.0).  How do I set up
> the
> new linux box to send emails to the redhat 6.1 box without checking
> for
> local users?  They are both members of the same domain.  The reason
> being, I want to do the firewall reporting, but so far, it just
> delivers locally, even with a fully qualified e-mail name.

Remote linux server help needed

Post by Jayasutha » Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:16:25

Hi,

just wonder how was u email look like.. I mean does it look like

or

if 2: then it should be a problem, usually error in /etc/sendmail.cf
configuration error. But option 1: will have problem.

> Just a thought, but you could try adding the linux box to the hosts file,
> then use that name.

> Brandon

> > The question I have, is that my current e-mail server is a redhat 6.1
> > linux box, but I have another linux box (redhat 7.0).  How do I set up
> > the
> > new linux box to send emails to the redhat 6.1 box without checking
> > for
> > local users?  They are both members of the same domain.  The reason
> > being, I want to do the firewall reporting, but so far, it just
> > delivers locally, even with a fully qualified e-mail name.

1. Linux -> WindowsNT Remote Access Server: Help needed!

Hi,

        I have a problem connecting my machine running Linux at home to the NT
RAS (Remote Access Server). The situation is as follows:

        NT Server requests authentication via CHAP. Then it disconnects and
calls me back, requests authentication one more time and then the PPP
connection establishes. When I run pppd, it fails even to authenticate
for the first time. Yes, I've read the PPP-HOWTO and did exactly what
they tell there, and it still doesn't work. Under NT, as expected,
everything works OK, e.g. the physical possibility to get it to work
exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                                Thanks.

2. Fastpaths into InfoExplorer

3. Remote Execution Server (help needed)

4. ofstream as a class member

5. Need Help with Remote X Server and telnet problem

6. more ./configure troubles

7. FTP from remote server to 2nd remote server?

8. Partition trouble

9. Able to ping from server to remote but not from remote to server

10. What do I need to do to allow remote X servers to connect to Linux?

11. Need recommendations for 1U remote Linux server

12. Help: Local server can't find remote server DNS

13. need help printing to a remote linux printer