access to windows

Post by gaggi » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 22:30:20

how to access to windows ME/XP which are on particions C and D on the same
hard disk with linux?

access to windows

Post by Denni » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 01:39:43

Your Windows directory is probably /dev/hda1 or /dev/hda2.  I would make a
directory like /ME or /XP

mkdir /ME

Then I would try

mount /dev/hda1 /ME

Then type

ls  /ME

to see if thats your Windows directory.

If that doesn't work try it again using hda2.

I'm just guessing where your Windows directory.

Dennis

> how to access to windows ME/XP which are on particions C and D on the same
> hard disk with linux?

access to windows

Post by bowma » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 02:34:32

> how to access to windows ME/XP which are on particions C and D on the same
> hard disk with linux?

What distro are you using? SuSE, for instance, constructs a fstab allowing
the Windows partitions to be user mounted, and a mount point /windows/C
(also /windows/D, /windows/c, and /windows/d). This is as simple as:

mount /windows/C

Mandrake creates a mount point, /mnt/windows, and iirc, mounts the windows
partition at startup. Rh is siilar.

Look at /mnt, /mount, /windows, or cat /etc/fstab for clues.

1. newbie problem: accessing a Windows network

I have three machines hooked to a network.  Two run Win98 only and one
dual-boots 98 and Linux.  What kind of gyrations do I have to do to get it to
see the network (and to let the 98 machines see it) when that third machine
has booted Linux.

(And if that's too easy for you, does anyone know what I need to do to get the
OPTi 931 sound card in that machine working in Linux?  I know, I know...
"Don't push it," right?  Sorry...)

Any pointers to HOWTOs or FAQs would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I have a 9 port hub.

pls remove "dummy" if CCing via e-mail...

Thanks.

Paxton
psanders[at]mindspring[dot]com
"I love you guys...  Screw you guys..." -- Cartman

2. browsers

3. How do I access a Windows NT shared printer?

4. ATP wont allow vi editor

5. Access to Windows 98-Filesystem under SusE-Linux

6. Sound Blaster PCI 128 (ES1731) No Sound

7. can't access hdb windows disk

8. connectivity problem going from 2.8 to 3.0

9. Shell access for windows users?

10. Remote access to Windows Network

11. Accessing X-Windows

12. Can Linux folders or files be accessed in Windows 98?

13. Access to Windows Neighbourhood workgroup from Linux