Linux does work on microchannel machines!

Linux does work on microchannel machines!

Post by Alan Wenb » Sat, 28 Aug 1993 23:16:39

I installed Linux on my PS/2 model 70 yesterday and it seems to
work fine.  I have a Maxtor SCSI drive connected to a Future Domain
MCS-600 microchannel SCSI controller.  Linux does not see the IBM ESDI
drive, but it installed ok on the SCSI drive.  Drivers for Future
Domain SCSI adapters are the same for both ISA and microchannel.

The FAQ should not say that Linux does not support microchannel.  It
should just say that the IBM microchannel disk controllers are not
supported, but other controllers work.
Alan Wenban            |         Cornell University