gcc problem??

Post by Richard D. Yent » Tue, 20 Apr 1993 12:28:53

I am not sure if this is a linux problem or a gcc problem.  I am using
gcc version 2.3.3 and libc (and libm) version 4.3.3.  I have a program
which I wrote that performs a lot of floating point math in a loop.
It does not use malloc therefore it should use a constant amount of
memory.  The program then writes this data to stdout (a total of about
2M of ascii).  On a sun 4 using cc the program uses 0.7% mem (by
comparison "ps -u" used 1.0% mem).  On my linux box with 8M and a 16M
swap disk I use up all of the memory (real and swap)!  The only other
program running is X (6M or so).  Also if I leave sysinfo running I
can see that the program steadily uses up more and more memory.  The
program is compiled with -m486 as the only option and -lm as the only
lib.

Since the problem does not exist on the Sun 4 I think that it is a
linux or gcc problem not a bug in my code (famous last words).

Note that the program runs it just uses about 17M to much.

Any ideas?

Rich

p.s. Is there a libhard that goes with the 4.3.3 libs? I could not
find one so I am using libm.so.4.3.3.  RDY

1. gcc problem

Hi all,
    I have installed gcc for AIX 4.3.0, I treid to compile a c++ source
file, but the compliler couldn't find the iostream.h file, any advice ?

thanks
Cristian

2. APPLE_BOOTSTRAP

3. newbie GCC problem

4. references for writing device drivers?

5. GCC PROBLEMS

6. Detailed information on Unix memory management?

7. GCC Problem

8. Help needed setting up IPv6

9. GCC Problems

10. gcc problems