ATI ULTRA XLR UPDATE

ATI ULTRA XLR UPDATE

Post by kevin mcfadd » Sun, 18 Jul 1993 05:50:45



Someone posted a while ago wanting to know what this XLR card is.  Well, I hope
it works with Linux because it is a newer updated version of the PRO card
(and I just ordered my Gateway system with one :).

What is different is that sometime in August ATI will release a driver
which doubles the speed of the card to something like 41 Winmarks.  I don't
know what this means to Linux users but it should scream with Windoze.
I would love to have this card work this wonderfully with Linux, but I
don't have a clue about drivers for video cards.  In fact until my system
comes I don't really have a clue other than the faq about setting up
Linux.  I guess I have spent too much time in SUN land anyway :)

BTW, I received all this wonderful info from my Gateway sales person.

Kevin

 
 
 

ATI ULTRA XLR UPDATE

Post by Michael He » Sun, 18 Jul 1993 12:39:05



Quote:>   Someone posted a while ago wanting to know what this XLR card is.
>   Well, I hope
>   it works with Linux because it is a newer updated version of the PRO card
>   (and I just ordered my Gateway system with one :).

It should, [read on...]

Quote:>  What is different is that sometime in August ATI will release a driver
>   which doubles the speed of the card to something like 41 Winmarks.  I don't
>   know what this means to Linux users but it should scream with Windoze.
>   I would love to have this card work this wonderfully with Linux, but I
>   don't have a clue about drivers for video cards.  In fact until my system
>   comes I don't really have a clue other than the faq about setting up
>   Linux.  I guess I have spent too much time in SUN land anyway :)

I just called ATI today [couldn't resist it, I was too curious about
that card]. I talked with someone from the sales department and I have
learnt that this card will replace the previous version of the ATI GUP
VL Bus. The ONLY difference is that it uses a new MACH32 chip which is
faster. It will work with the SAME current drivers (for windows). It
will be 40% faster then the current version. Unfortunately it will not
be available through retail channels -only as OEM...

Quote:>   BTW, I received all this wonderful info from my Gateway sales person.

I guess this Gateway sales person wasn't wonderfully informed :-)

Quote:>   Kevin

--Michael

 
 
 

ATI ULTRA XLR UPDATE

Post by Frank Pikeln » Wed, 28 Jul 1993 22:52:22


Does anyone have specs for this card? I tried calling ATI but they
are not releasing any as the card has not yet been released.

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ___/     /   Frank Pikelner                                        /~\
     /     _/ /    Technical Assistant, Department of Computer Science  <v.v>
    __/   ___/     York University (Toronto, Canada)                    ,\^/;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

1. Difference Between ATI Ultra XLR and Ultra Pro/WinTurbo

In the UK is very hard to get hold of ATI cards, the only one that i have
managed to get hold of is the ATI Ultra XLR Mach64 with 2 Vram for 340 pounds.
Could some tell me the different between this ATI XLR, and
the other ATIs i.e the Utra Pro or the Win Turbo.
Or is the XLR just simply an older version of one of the above.

Thanx,
...khanh

2. Adding Hard drive

3. HELP - Yggdrasil, Mitsumi CD ROM, ATI Ultra XLR Woes :(

4. StarOffice 4.0 Install

5. Xfree 1.3 on ATI Ultra XLR

6. Testing CGI Perl scripts offline

7. ATI Ultra Pro XLR

8. SCO Open Desktop

9. ATI Ultra XLR VLB Card

10. ATI Ultra XLR VL Card ???

11. ATI Ultra XLR 2MB w/ Gateway CrystalScan 1776LE

12. XF86_Mach32 Recompiled for the new Gateway2000(ATI XLR 2 DRAM) needed!!

13. ATI XLR and NEC 4fge