New install help, please

Post by Daniel D.E. Ch » Thu, 30 Jul 1992 02:01:59

I have 130 meg ide, and a 245 meg ide.  I would like to install linux but
still be able to use DRDOS.  The install doc's don't say anything about
preserving a DRDOS partition and have linux boot.

Also, what is the recommended repartion for linux to use, 30 meg root, 10 meg
tmp, etc...

Thanks

1. Please help me in installing new hard disk (newbie question)

Hello,

I am running Red Hat Linux 6.1 and Windows NT 4.0 in a
dual boot P-II. Currently I have 4 Gb HDD of which 2 Gb
is used by WinNT and rest is used by Linux. Now I want
to *add* a 8 Gb disk of which 4 Gb should be added to
WinNT and 4 Gb to RH Linux. Without disturbing the
existing OSs and the datas, how do I do it ? How do I
partition and tell the OSs about the share they get ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
-Kousik Nandy

2. Can't go out internet

3. surfing slow on new redhat 8.0 install please help

4. g++ on Skunkware 97?

5. New user installing from CD-ROM (I need some help please)

7. Please help with 4 issues on new install of RH8

8. Strange behaviour of UNIX/VAX

9. Re-Install SCO OpenServer Rel3.2v5.0.0 on new system - serial mouse problem - Help Please

10. New at Solaris Install failed Help please

11. Please help a new guy trying to install sz/rz!

12. *New to Linux and having mojor problems with the install, please help...

13. made a reall mess trying to install the new gcc c compiler (please help)