Problem,dip, for SLIP, config requested.

Problem,dip, for SLIP, config requested.

Post by nilesh pat » Fri, 03 Sep 1993 20:55:21

        I have some problem with my dip. I downloaded NET-2 from tsx-11.mimt.edu
        2-3 days ago. I configured and recompiled the kernel for SLIP.
        While bootup, the system says : SLIP version 0.7.5 Ok

        when I try to start dip in test mode, this is what I get.
        $ dip -t
        (none): Host name lookup failure

        I am attaching my /etc/rc.net file ( I have SLS version of linux)

        $ cat /etc/rc.net
        #!/bin/sh
        # rc.inet1: configure the network interface

        HOSTNAME=`hostname`

        # Attach the loopback device.
        /etc/ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
        /etc/route add 127.0.0.1

        # IF YOU HAVE AN ETHERNET CONNECTION, use these lines below to configure the
        # eth0 interface. If you're only using loopback or SLIP, don't include the
        # rest of the lines in this file.

        So, can anybody tell me what is wrong or missing in my configuration.
        Or, what additional info I should post.

        I have a 2400 baud modem on cua0 which works fine with kermit.

        The address of my SLIP server is 131.183.1.203

        I do not know if it is static or dynamic.

        YES. I have gone through NET-2-HOWTO

        Thanx

1. NET/DIP config / SLIP connect

Hello Group,

I have been working with Unix systems for 4 years now.  I have just
recently (6 months) begun work with Linux on my Pentium at home.  I have
been succesful in most parts of setting up the X-windows environment,
etc.

I am, however, having some difficulty in setting a SLIP / CSLIP
connection to
work (DIP).  I have setup (and I'm hoping correctly) the network
environment on my host, but I'm having some difficutly.  Essentially,the
following error occurs after setting the SecureID connection and
attempting
a telnet to an HP workstation (at work);

ie:
--> telnet 47.208.8.253.

Error:
telnet: socket: invalid argument

Do you recognize this error?
What has been set wrong?

If this error is not recognizable, does someone have a "checklist" that
I may go through to ensure I have not missed some obscure step.

- Bert.

2. New user needs help with video card!

3. Sample dip/slip config with tia needed

4. Help request: Installing Caldera Open Linux 2.3

5. slip and dip config

6. SCSI Driver for Linux

7. SLIP<->SLIP Config problem

8. Sound recording problem

9. SLIP and DIP only reaches slip server, help!

10. So far- da SLIP/Dip Faq <was slip/ppp>

11. SLIP and DIP not working after reinstall of Slackware 1.2(SLIP)

12. Slip/Dip/Netblazer routing problem

13. Problem using DIP or SLIP.