alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions list.linux-activists.kernel list.linux-activists.serial list.linux-activists.problem-reports list.linux-activists.question

alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions list.linux-activists.kernel list.linux-activists.serial list.linux-activists.problem-reports list.linux-activists.question

Post by Frieder Loeffler (DG1S » Tue, 09 Nov 1993 23:51:11

Problem: 8 Port Serial Card with one IRQ for all Port does not work any longer
=======  with Linux 0.99.13 (worked with 0.99.10)

Hi,

I have a strange Problem with my MOXA 8 Port Serial Card - it used to work
fine with 99.10 - all 8 ports were detected automatically without any changes
to the Kernel.

With PL13 the card is not detected at all. I tried to track down the Problem
and compiled the IRQ (9) into the driver. Now the 16450 Chips are found with
correct Adresses.

Since I am able to send out characters on those 8 tty's - but not to *receive*
any, I assume that the problem is with the Linux Interrupt Handler.

Could somebody give me a hint or explain to me what has changed to IRQ
handling since PL10 ?

Thanks in Advance,
Frieder

--
Frieder Loeffler (DG1SEK), Allmandring 20c03, 70569 Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Germany
                   Phone (voice): 0711-6770638, 07145-7455 (Q)

1. New Vger Linux-Activists Lists for Linux Ports

Hello,

        I have created a few new lists for the topic of discussing the
various ports of linux to different architectures. They are:

linux-mips:  Discussion about the port(s) of linux to machines
             with Mips based chips.

linux-ppc:   Talk about the PowerPC port of Linux.

linux-alpha: The port of Linux to the Rip-Roarin' Dec ALPHA.

linux-hppa:  Talk about porting Linux to the HP Precision Architecture
             line of computers.

Again, the lists are all majordomo like the rest of the new
linux-activists lists. So a simple way to join is:

just replace linux-alpha with the list you want to join. If you would
like a simple help file explaining how to use majordomo just send
this:

Happy Linuxing!

Later,
David S. Miller

2. Updating pf independent of the rest of /usr/src

3. New KERNEL Patch list announcement for linux-activists

4. jdk1.1.7 core dumps on freebsd 3.1 release

5. Linux-activists list still active?

6. Dosemu and joysticks (and Civilization)

7. Linux-Activists lists down ?

8. PartitionMagic? for Linux

9. no response from linux-activists mailing list

10. Linux-Activists mailing list is going nuts.

11. Linux-activists list berzerk?

12. Status of linux-activists list?

13. What happened to linux-activists (the mailing lists)