Any NOVELL support?

Post by Jon J. All » Mon, 26 Apr 1993 20:09:33

I have a NOVELL file server with .9GB of space.  Is there any way to
mount that file system?  I want to make a seperate TCP/IP network
for other machines, but some problems like using the Company laser
printer and to have the Linux do some file managment on the NOVELL
system whould be helpful...   Any Takers???

Also, can I simply hook the machine up to my NOVELL network and send
out TCP/IP packets?  I hear that NOVELL can handle TCP/IP but I
I have not seen it done...

--

"ARE YOU REALLY WHO WE THINK YOU ARE OR DOES YOUR SMILE SEEM TO WEAR
YOU DOWN" - STYX

--

HEADLINE: * Quits Mason Position
JAY LENO: I guess it can be really rough on the elbows.

Any NOVELL support?

Post by Garrett D'Amo » Tue, 27 Apr 1993 08:44:45

Quote:>I have a NOVELL file server with .9GB of space.  Is there any way to
>mount that file system?  I want to make a seperate TCP/IP network
>for other machines, but some problems like using the Company laser
>printer and to have the Linux do some file managment on the NOVELL
>system whould be helpful...   Any Takers???

Yes it's possible.  But you have to shell out for the Netware TCP/IP
software.  Bummer.  (If you are educational, it's not so bad -- and
definitely worth the additionaly capability you derive!)

And yes -- you can laser print to Netware queues -- its how I print
from my Linux box -- I have access to around 8-9 netware queues as
a result.  Nice!  (Color laser printing from Linux....  cool...)

Quote:>Also, can I simply hook the machine up to my NOVELL network and send
>out TCP/IP packets?  I hear that NOVELL can handle TCP/IP but I
>I have not seen it done...

You have to install several Netware .NLM files on your server.  (For
Netware 3.11 -- I don't know how the other servers handle it -- or if
they do...)  You'll also need to do some configuring...  You may need
to put an additional board in the server as well -- but that depends
upon the board you use.

Software Co-Ordinator           |     68 Barrows Hall, UC Berkeley
Haas Computing Services         |     Ph: 510-643-5923 Fax: 642-4769

1. Novell support

Is anyone working on IPX/SPX support for Linux?  I would like to
setup Linux on a network, but Novell support is required.  I
read the NET-2-HOWTO, and it mentioned a method of mounting the
novell drives, but I would like to have more access than just to
the drives.  Has this already been done/is someone working on it?
I'd appreciate any information about this.  Thank you.

--

-  Hal J. Burch
   University of Missouri - Rolla

2. scsi disk sector size question

3. Novell Netware support for Linux...

4. SYS5 assembler problems

5. Does RH 7.1 Support Novell IPX

6. Multi-port hardware recommendation

7. Novell netware support in kernel

8. vm issues on sap app server

9. Does RH 5.0 support Novell NE2000 network cards??

10. Novell IPX support for wabi ?

11. does linux RH5.0 support a Novell NE2000 network card

12. Does RH 7.1 Support Novell IPX

13. Does Caldera Preview II supports multiple logon to Novell Server