Anyone got EXPECT working for Linux?

Post by David Schmi » Mon, 19 Jul 1993 02:20:45

I'm trying to build EXPECT 4.7 under Linux (SLS 1.02 release).  So far
TCL 6.7 and TK 3.2 have compiled and passed their tests.  EXPECT compiles
fine, but when I try to run the EXPECT examples (e.g. kibitz), it hangs for a
while and then finally prints:

        too many programs spawned? - out of ptys

and leaves a whole bunch of /tmp/ptylock.XX files around.

I know I'm not out of pty's (I can start up more x-terms no problem), and
don't understand why EXPECT is failing.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

-Dave.

--
David Schmitt, Manager, Technical Services      Voice:  (708)538-4699
Motorola, Inc. - Land Mobile Products Sector    FAX:    (708)538-4638

Schaumburg, IL 60196

Anyone got EXPECT working for Linux?

Post by Mark Eich » Wed, 21 Jul 1993 00:29:12

Quote:>>        too many programs spawned? - out of ptys

There was a bug in the pty handling in linux, I think it was fixed
between 99p9 and 99p10. (Someone might have the patch around, I could
dig for it...) I've used DejaGnu (test harness built on top of expect)
to run gdb tests under Linux (unfortunately, didn't get this done
before the gdb-4.9 release.)

                                MIT Student Information Processing Board

1. Has anyone gotten a SIIG Soundwave 1000 Soundcard to work under Linux?

SIIG sells a soundcard that is billed to have an OPL3 and be sound
blaster compatible under the name above.  Don't buy it.  It is only
marginally compatible with the sound blaster card and doesn't really
have an OPL3 on it.  It is emulated in software.  Unfortunately I
already told a friend of mine that it would probably work and he
purchased it for $30 dollars.  Now if I can't get it to work I am going
to feel obligated to purchase the thing from him.

Has anyone out there convinced this beast to sing?  Any help would be
appreciated.  I don't really need or want a new sound card :-)

Next time I will check the HOWTO for a compatiblity list and not trust
the vendor.  Live and learn.

--

An atheist is a man with no invisible means of support.
        -- John Buchan

2. Grammar cheker ?

3. Has anyone gotten linux to work on Acer780CX(portable)

4. locate: /var/lib/locatedb: No such file or directory

5. anyone gotten linux-rvplayer5 to work?

6. XLock older version

7. Anyone gotten Dimage to work with Linux

8. urgent!!!!thanks

9. Has anyone gotten Gigabyte 586-AT to work with NCR53c810 & Linux?

10. Has anyone gotten Real-Audio 3.0 working on Linux ?

11. Has anyone had any luck getting an AHA-2910 to work under Linux?

12. Anyone know if I could expect SCO application stability on current Linux

13. How to compile EXPECT was WANTED expect for Linux