NEW Products for Linux users from JANA Publishing

NEW Products for Linux users from JANA Publishing

Post by Inf » Wed, 15 Sep 1993 14:55:00

NEW Products And Services from JANA PUBLISHING.

Dear Linux users,

        Here are some good news. JANA Publishing has moved in
with a publishing firm and this has bought in new people and
cash which will help to expand our publishing venture. We are
happy to introduce new products and services.

The largest Linux archive : We have set up a BBS with a 3.4 Gig
hard drive. This BBS will become the largest Linux archive site.
We will be combing TSX-11 and Sunsite. At present if you want to
get software from this site then you have to dial in using a
modem, FTP service will be added soon, but it cost about $1000
bucks to get a 56K line up here in Canada.

Linux Book : We would like to print a book on Linux, If you are
a author who is looking for a publisher for your Linux related

talking to any one who is considering publishing a Linux related
book. A book that's deal with installing Linux, X, TCP/IP etc.
is a interesting one.

CD-ROM Publishing : Every other month we will take software from
our archive site and put that on a CD-ROM and mail it to you.
This CD-ROM will also contains comp.os.linux.* articles also. We
will not compress them so it can be read directly out of the
CD-ROM using software such as tin.

The cost of the subscription is $99.00 for one year (6 CD's ),
or $119 for outside of Canada and USA. If you like you can pay
by the disk. We will mail you a disk and bill you $19.95 which
should be easy on your pockets.

JUL-AUG : JUL-AUG issue was not published since we were in a
transition and moving to a new location. If you have a
subscription then don't worry you will get 6 disks.

SEP-OCT : SEP-OCT disk has been sent to the CD-ROM manufacture,
it should go on mail in about 1-2 weeks. This disk has every
thing from TSX-11. This includes 0.99pl12 of linux and SLS 1.02.

NOV-DEC : This will be the disk from our archive site. This will
include Slackware, SLS and any other linux software that out
there. Also you can install Linux directly from this CD-ROM.

If you have placed a order for a CD-ROM before Sept 10th your
CD's have been shipped and due to the delay you will get a one
additional issue free of charge.

We are looking for distrubuters. There is a increasing demand
from Europe and Asia. If you would like to distribute our CD's

your E-Mail will be replied by any of our new support employees
(Eric, Chris, Milroy and Jay ).

        I will be working behind the scenes to promote linux and
other affordable software. At this time I would like to thank each
and every Linux users who are out there who has helped my
company grow.

Thank you.

Jay
JANA Technologies Group Inc.  <-  Our new name :-)

Post by Danny ter Ha » Thu, 16 Sep 1993 02:15:09

>NEW Products And Services from JANA PUBLISHING.

>CD-ROM Publishing : Every other month we will take software from
>our archive site and put that on a CD-ROM and mail it to you.
>This CD-ROM will also contains comp.os.linux.* articles also. We
>will not compress them so it can be read directly out of the
>CD-ROM using software such as tin.
>\

YES YES YES, I always wanted to be on a CD-ROM, LOOK MUMMY !!

_____
Danny

PHILIPS DCC: combining the disadvantages of cd-rom's and tapes

Post by Vince Skah » Thu, 16 Sep 1993 10:29:23

>CD-ROM Publishing : Every other month we will take software from
>our archive site and put that on a CD-ROM and mail it to you.
>This CD-ROM will also contains comp.os.linux.* articles also. We
>will not compress them so it can be read directly out of the
>CD-ROM using software such as tin.
>NOV-DEC : This will be the disk from our archive site. This will
>include Slackware, SLS and any other linux software that out
>there. Also you can install Linux directly from this CD-ROM.

please do not include the garbage noise from c.o.l.* on the same
CD that has all the fine software you'll be mirroring from the
Linux archive sites.  If you want to make a 100% noise CD of
c.o.l. postings, feel free to make a separate CD for it.

You'll have my order in a heartbeat after the Nov/Dec CD is available
unless it's all full with USENET postings. I'd be real interested
in getting (yes, paying for) a CD mirror of the archives however.
But not if the USENET noise is on the linux archive CD...

--

          "I want to be like Barbie - that B____ has everything"
                                          - Tee-shirt seen in Philadelphia

   Date: 14 Sep 1993 18:29:23 -0700

   please do not include the garbage noise from c.o.l.* on the same
   CD that has all the fine software you'll be mirroring from the
   Linux archive sites.  If you want to make a 100% noise CD of
   c.o.l. postings, feel free to make a separate CD for it.

   You'll have my order in a heartbeat after the Nov/Dec CD is available
   unless it's all full with USENET postings. I'd be real interested
   in getting (yes, paying for) a CD mirror of the archives however.
   But not if the USENET noise is on the linux archive CD...

The complete c.o.l.* usenet postings for the entire history of Linux
fits in under 45 megabytes.  Given how big a CD-ROM is (~800 meg), this
is a small fraction of space available.  In fact, many CD-ROM which are
published are not filled to capacity, so it's not like including them
would necessarily be crowding anything else out.

If you think the Usenet postings are noise, ignore them.  But there are
some jems hidden in there.  Some people may be interested in access them
for reference purposes.

                                                - Ted