Scatter/Gather - Ultrastor 34F - All over my disk!

Scatter/Gather - Ultrastor 34F - All over my disk!

Post by Jeff Walla » Sat, 15 May 1993 08:00:35

Hi All,

You may want to exercise great care when *attempting* to install the
ALPHA ultrastorsg code. I have 99.pl8 running on a Micronics LB MB,
Ultrastor 34F and a 2GB disk. Looking for aditional speed (never
satisified) I got the alpha code, compiled my kernel, ran lilo/install,
sync'ed my box, and rebooted. All was fine untill the system started to
load, at which time the kernel started to "crap" all over mt e2fs file
system.

The FAQ is it's untested on a 34F, so it should be fair warning.....
If you want your data, *DON'T USE THIS CODE*.

You might think I'm taking a dim view of all of this, but generally
I have now problem with linux, it's great. (we all have bugs around
somewhere)

-jeffw