mounting e2fs

Post by Kwun H » Mon, 03 May 1993 12:58:15

Hi,

I wonder if someone can tell me how I can mount a e2fs from the shell??
I get a error when I try to do so just with mount.

I don't think it is in the FAQ.
Thanks!

-Kwun.

mounting e2fs

Post by Klaus Schneide » Fri, 07 May 1993 20:47:24

Hi Kwun,

mounting an ext2fs partion from the shell should work with mount this
way:
          mount -t ext2 /dev/xxxx /what_ever_your_path_is

Certainly your devices has to bear a ext2fs, made bei mke2fs. The
directory /what_ever_your_path_is also has to be available and the
device (partition) may not be already mounted.

Klaus

1. Q: The effect of mounting e2fs using "sync" option

I'm working on a system that uses Linux as an embedded controller.
From time to time, we can expect that the system will loss power and
shutdown without having the opportunity to sync and unmount its
filesystems cleanly.  We're hoping that e2fsck will be able to
repair any damage when the system comes back up.

Question:  Would mounting with the "sync" option help here?  My
guess is that it would cut performance but also reduce the risk
of unrecoverable damage to the FS on powerdown.  Am I right?

Any better suggestions?
--

2. How to print the ith argument?

3. Help! Can't mount e2fs!

4. MTU in Redhat 6.1

5. Made e2fs filesystem, mount still says "fs type ntfs not supported by kernel"

6. Firewall setup for imap/pop

7. e2fs max mount count...what do I do?

8. X config and Xentor TNT2

9. my e2fs partition won't even mount read-only.

10. mount error: mount only root can mount /dev/cdrom on cdrom

11. NFS mount won't mount at boot, but mount -a works fine.

12. mount error: mount only root can mount /dev/cdrom on cdrom

13. e2fs drivers for win95