PowerStorm 300/350, Linux, and XFree86

Post by root » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:18:59

Hello,
    I am running the Linux distribution Mandrake 7.0 on the alpha
architecture. I have a PowerStorm 350 video
card which has a E&S RealImage 2100 chipset. I am trying to get my video
card working with XFree86 and
I am having no success.

    I was wondering if anyone has managed to get their PowerStorm
300/350 video card working in Linux with
XFree86 and how you managed to do it.

    Any help would be appreciated.
Matthew Williams.

Post by mjt » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:33:42

>     I am running the Linux distribution Mandrake 7.0 on the alpha
> architecture. I have a PowerStorm 350 video
> card which has a E&S RealImage 2100 chipset. I am trying to get my video
> card working with XFree86 and I am having no success.

>  I was wondering if anyone has managed to get their PowerStorm
> 300/350 video card working in Linux with
> XFree86 and how you managed to do it.

according to this red har support page:
http://www.redhat.com/support/hardware/alpha/6.2/video.html

it's not supported.  but, doesnt mean someone
hasnt figured out how to make it work. sometimes,
running a driver that is a subset might work.

--
+==================================
| M i c h a e l  J.  T o b l e r
| Authorship: "Inside Linux" ...
| "C++ Unleashed" ... "C++ How-To"
| Motocycling, Surfing, Skydiving
+==================================

1. PowerStorm 300/350, Linux, and XFree86

Hello,
    I am running the Linux distribution Mandrake 7.0 on the alpha
architecture. I have a PowerStorm 350 video
card which has a E&S RealImage 2100 chipset. I am trying to get my video
card working with XFree86 and
I am having no success.

    I was wondering if anyone has managed to get their PowerStorm
300/350 video card working in Linux with
XFree86 and how you managed to do it.

    Any help would be appreciated.
Matthew Williams.

2. Query about gprof command.

3. ppp & NT VPN Questions

4. CorelOffice for Java & appletviewer

5. alpha XP1000 and compaq poerstorm 300/350 graphics

6. NVRAM installation for Sparc2?

7. Question: X configuration of Powerstorm 300

8. PowerStorm 300 and X?

9. Help needed, PowerStorm 300.

10. K6 300,K6-2 300, mobile version for notebook/linux ?

11. Canon IXUS 300 / PS 300 with Linux?