How to link ext partition form my wuftp !

Post by Zeljko Stanisavljevi » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:55:27

How to link ext partition form my wuftp !

I have mp3 files on ext3 on /dev/hdd5

/mnt/linux/mp3

my ftp is on /dev/hda6 /home/ftp/pub

I try to link with ln -s but I cant open files in simbolic link on my ftp !!
chmod is 755 for mp3
How to do that ??
WHAT to put in ftpaccess !!!?

# This file was generated by the KDE wu-ftpd configurator.

class all anonymous,guest,real  *
noretrieve
loginfails 5
private no

message /welcome.msg    LOGIN
message .message        CWD=*
readme  README* LOGIN
readme  README* CWD=*
chmod   no      anonymous,guest
delete  no      anonymous
overwrite       no      anonymous
rename  no      anonymous
passwd-check    rfc822  warn
log transfers anonymous,guest,real inbound
log transfers anonymous,guest,real outbound
anonymous-root /home/ftp/pub

Thanks

http://download.tron-inter.net

How to link ext partition form my wuftp !

Post by Ryan Alde » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:30:51

Quote:> How to link ext partition form my wuftp !

> I have mp3 files on ext3 on /dev/hdd5

> /mnt/linux/mp3

> my ftp is on /dev/hda6 /home/ftp/pub

If your ftp account is chrooted to /home/ftp/pub, then symbolic links don't
work, because there is no /mnt/linux/mp3 in /home/ftp/pub, which is the only
place it knows to look.  I ran into this problem with my mp3 server, also.
There's too options:
1)  mount /dev/hdd5 /home/ftp/pub/mp3 to mount it in a place where the
ftpserver will be able to see it, or
2) mount --bind /mnt/linux/mp3 /home/ftp/pub   this is what i did, with '-o
ro' on the end to make it read only.

Ryan

1. How to link ext partition form my wuftp !

[...]

2. *** Getting talk to work ***

3. Why does compress produce whatever.ext.Z rather than z/whatever.ext?

4. Patch Manager 2.0 Problem

5. Help Wanted w/ LILO, and ext partitioning...

6. how to broadcast with TLI

7. win98 hd w/ ext partitions

8. Microsoft uses non-compete clause to stifle home networking innovation, news.COM.com

9. Ext. Partitions (Mixed OS's)

10. Am I incorrect in assuming that my root partition can be an ext fs?

11. How to see non-ext-2 partitions

12. Linux' FDISK and Ext. Partition

13. ext vs ext2 partition types with chdisk tool...