Ximian - anyone else have to double/triple click for focus?

Ximian - anyone else have to double/triple click for focus?

Post by Jason Edward » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:59:55

I've posted this on the Ximian support mailing list, but got know replies.
Does anyone else have to sometimes double/triple click to bring windows to
focus? I know it's not a huge bug, but it annoys the*outta me.

Anyone else?

-jedwards

Post by Stephen M. William » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 02:28:23

>> I've posted this on the Ximian support mailing list, but got know replies.
>> Does anyone else have to sometimes double/triple click to bring windows to
>> focus? I know it's not a huge bug, but it annoys the*outta me.

>> Anyone else?

>> -jedwards

> Try Enlightenment window manager, it has a function (you can set) that
> focus your window and brings it forward when your mouse is over it.

> CN

Hasn't happened here.  Are you using sawfish?  You should be able to set the
focus in the Gnome Control Center.

HTH,
--
Stephen Williams

* I've tried killing time, but it keeps making a comeback.

Post by J. Bruce Fiel » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:55:55

>> I've posted this on the Ximian support mailing list, but got know
>> replies. Does anyone else have to sometimes double/triple click to bring
>> windows to focus? I know it's not a huge bug, but it annoys the*
>> outta me.

>> Anyone else?

>> -jedwards

>Try Enlightenment window manager, it has a function (you can set) that
>focus your window and brings it forward when your mouse is over it.

No need to switch to Enlightenment for this; nothing against
Enlightenment, it's just that Sawfish (which I believe is the default for
Ximian) allows you to specify that same behavior.

But it would be annoying to have to change the focus behavior just because
this wasn't working right.  Perhaps the mouse itself is malfunctioning?
(Does clicking fail at other times too?)---Bruce F.

1. How do you control the focus in a Window Manager to do Click To Focus?

I'm trying to work with a small window manager and customize it's behavior.
 I'm working with lwm as a starting place.  One issue I've been struggling
with is how to keep focus from following the mouse.  The place where it's
being handled now is in the EnterNotify handler and when I make that
handler return, to keep the code from switch the focus of the windows, when
the mouse makes it over the client inside the frame, the input focus still
switches.  Is there some other message that changes the focus?  I tried
adding FocusIn and FocusOut handlers but I must not be registering properly
for those events because my handlers don't get called.

I've been trying to look in the code of fvwm2 but since they made it a
style it hasn't seemed really clear how they get ClickToFocus to work.

Any suggestions?

Kelly French

2. ALSA, RealAudio

3. Single click vs double click

4. How do I get dns to work through a MS proxy server?

5. 1 x mouse click => double click

6. Where can I find a BSD-ftpd FAQ/HOWTO ?

7. How to change from single click to double click.

8. MKlinux install question

9. Launch on double click, not single click

10. KDE - Opening With Double-Click vs. Single-Click

11. Lost click to focus policy after using seyon or minicom

12. KDE Click focus

13. My mouse sees double or triple!