problem with aha1542c

Post by Matthias Schen » Mon, 12 Apr 1993 03:47:16

My brand new Cadillac (aha1542C) doesn`t work with Linux.
My controller is configured on address 330h. At boottime Linux
informs me that there are 0 hosts. And now I don`t know wether
the controller is the problem or the rest.

problem with aha1542c

Post by Mike Frankows » Mon, 12 Apr 1993 08:59:24

: My brand new Cadillac (aha1542C) doesn`t work with Linux.
: My controller is configured on address 330h. At boottime Linux
: informs me that there are 0 hosts. And now I don`t know wether
: the controller is the problem or the rest.

You need a patched kernel to get it up and running correctly is th eproblem.

Did you have linux running before?  If so, get the new kernel and rebuild it
and make sure you include scsi code for it.  it will then be fine.

Mike

1. AHA1542C & CF SCSI adapter problems?

I've had one for a while without a problem.  Most of the problems I saw
posted here had people running both internal and external SCSI devices.
I decided to keep totally external and have had no problems, at least so
far.

--
David Owen
The views expressed in this article are mine and mine alone,

2. ewrks 3 issues

3. Problems with Memory Corruption and AHA1542C

4. RedHat 6.0 bug with Zip Drive

5. SCSI controller AHA1542C problem

6. .au control.cancel:11654692

7. AHA1542C logging problem

8. APACHE BUG: stays as root

9. AHA1542C and drives >1GB

10. Thanks to resolve aha1542c

11. aha1542C interrupt received, but no mail

12. Can I boot from an AHA1542C with an IDE on board?

13. AHA1542c at 130h. Prob Installing