SLS 1.03 diskx1 description file missing line?

SLS 1.03 diskx1 description file missing line?

Post by Woloschuk David » Sun, 08 Aug 1993 23:42:09

While installing SLS 1.03 I noticed that the description file
for x1, "diskx1", is missing an entry for afm.tgz

Is it important?

Please e-mail a reply as well as posting please.  I'll be away from my
machine and will probably miss several postings to this group
(shudder)

--------------------
David R! Woloschuk

1. SLS 1.03 install and missing header files

I have the following comments and questions to do with installation of
SLS 1.03.

Firstly, I would like to say that I really appreciate the time and effort
put into the SLS distribution by Peter. The comments following are NOT
intended to be criticisms.

- I had a lot of trouble getting SLS to install. I have a 386 with 4mb
  of memory, so the first thing I did was select the option to create
  a swap partition.
  Unfortunately, mkswap ran out of memory while trying to create the
  swap partition. This results in a catch-22 situation which should be
  resolved before the next release.

- Also due to memory shortage (and no swap space), some of the packages
  failed to install and had to be done by hand afterwards.

- Now I have a working system, I appear to be missing many of the gcc
  header files (stddef.h, float.h, to name two). Does anyone know from
  which package they should be extracted ?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

DBA,ITS                               Phone: +617 875 7691
Griffith University                   Fax:   +617 875 5314
Nathan, Brisbane QLD 4111             ***** PDCurses Maintainer *****
Australia                             *** Author of THE and GUROO ***

2. linux via ics blocked by sygate firewall

3. missing files in SLS 1.03 distribution

4. mod_rewrite Help!

5. Boot disks a1.3 and a1.5 missing in new SLS version 1.03

6. Is Logitech QuickCam Express (USB) Supported?

7. Missing Programs in SLS 1.03

8. Can I download LYNX and install it?

9. SLS 1.03 missing zoneinfo

10. SLS 1.03, is it missing something?

11. How to upgrade from SLS 1.03 to SLS 1.05

12. SLS 1.02 -> SLS 1.03 how?

13. SL/IP for linux SLS 1.03