Looking for: nroff (or similar) and a local mail util.

Looking for: nroff (or similar) and a local mail util.

Post by Darren Gow » Tue, 12 May 1992 22:32:21

Could someone direct me toward an nroff replacement for Linux.
Man keeps complaining it can't format because of the lack of it.

Also, I'm after a mail util, hopefully in the realm of 'elm'
or similar. Are there any for Linux?

regards,
Darren
(Sorry if these are FAQ's)
--
Darren Gower                         | "Lifes Fantasy - to be locked away

-------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Post by Greg L » Thu, 14 May 1992 00:44:14

}Could someone direct me toward an nroff replacement for Linux.

Groff and cawf do nroff formatting, I understand.  On my system I use
"fm", which can be linked to the name "nroff" and used to format man
pages for display.  It's faster than "nroff -man", but occasionally misses
an nroff embedded formatting command.  I uploaded "fm" to tsx-11 a week
ago, and just now a new version which fixes a minor bug in the hyphenation
routine.  The files are: fm.bin.tar.Z and fm.src.tar.Z.  ("Fm" can also
emulates the UCB "fmt" program.)

--

Post by Matt Mosl » Wed, 13 May 1992 16:34:47

> Could someone direct me toward an nroff replacement for Linux.
> Man keeps complaining it can't format because of the lack of it.

get groff from tsx-11.mit.edu

---

 Starcom support system administrator

1. aps or similar util for linux?

Is anyone aware of a utility or program (sort of like APS or something
along those lines) that I would be able to use to shut off the monitor on
my iMac?

I am running YDL 2.0 right now, and I'd love to be able to just keep the
machine on all of the time. However, I don't know how comfortible I am
doing that without being able to turn off the monitor.. (besides, I don't
need it on if I am not looking at it anyhow..)

Any input would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks!
Kurt

---
Remove the Poke'mon from my e-mail address to respond via e-mail.

2. Compile problem

3. Looking for local system Mail delivery program.

4. Inspect first char in a string:

5. nroff -Tascii & nroff -Tlatin1

6. Newbie on Sunblade 100

7. Looking for tbl, eqn and nroff binaries

8. Gigabyte motherboards

9. Looking for nroff for Linux

10. Looking for tpage/ or similar

11. Looking for application similar to Powerpoint or Macromind Director

12. Looking for a security tool similar to TCPview

13. looking for disk usage trend util