A Graphics card and adapter to give 24-bit graphics + 64k colours.

A Graphics card and adapter to give 24-bit graphics + 64k colours.

Post by Ian Crakantho » Wed, 15 Dec 1993 07:24:19

I have a user who wants to produce fancy graphics for his experimental data.
He would like to use Unix and X windows to do this as he wants the advantages
of the multiuser OS.  I was thinking Linux (the price is right) or maybe
BSDi, or any Unix really (all options being considered).

The difficult thing being, he wants a graphics card and driver than will do
24-bit graphics and give him 64k colours.  He wants more than 256 colours
that the drivers with Xfree already provides.

I would like some advice from any knowledgeable people out there who know
of any such driver/card combination for X11.

Thanks

Ian...

--

ANSTO
Australian Nuclear Science                   phone : +61 2 717 3365