How to uninstall software?

Post by Vincen » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:41:27

Hi! There:
  I have installed Java SDK into my RH7, but right now, I want to uninstall
it. Does anyone know how to do it? I was not using RPM file manager, just
reguler binary file like this "j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux.bin." Thanks!!

How to uninstall software?

Post by Vigi » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 23:20:02

You should have used Checkinstall :-)

Quote:> Hi! There:

--

.

How to uninstall software?

Post by Chat Evere » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 07:44:22

/bin/rm -r -f  jdk1.3

>Hi! There:
>  I have installed Java SDK into my RH7, but right now, I want to uninstall
>it. Does anyone know how to do it? I was not using RPM file manager, just
>reguler binary file like this "j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux.bin." Thanks!!

1. Uninstalling software

Guys,

I have a fresh Slack 8.1 installed on a Compaq Proliant 1600.
Everything went fine and I was able to access the net having the NIC
on DHCP.
The goal of this installation is to have snort/mysql runnig on it.
So I downloaded and compiled the libpcap needed by snort.
Rebooted the machine and noticed that there is no more ip received
from DHCP server .I know that I have to put this card in promiscuos
mode but right now I can't access the net in search for fixes for this
machine.

lsmod show the tlan module loaded .
the second card is a 3C905 with a static ip on it. Also displayed on
lsmod.

Any help is apreciated

Dude

2. UNIX File Locking, when was it available?

3. how to uninstall software?

4. localhost.nameserv??

5. How to uninstall software?

6. PPP notification?