Experiences with Xfree ver . 1.2

Post by Superuse » Tue, 02 Mar 1993 02:20:14

In these days I've installed:

0.99 patchlevel 5 kernel
the changes in the SLS distribution from January 21 to February 24
Xfree 1.2 (from the SLS distribution)

My comments:

It's excellent the new auto-detect mode for the Ethernet cards (I
have an NE2000 card).

It seems that the pl5 is better than the pl 3. It seems faster.

For the first time I could install Xwindows using a plain VGA card
and a MAgnavox VGA monitor. It works in monochrome only (this make
sense: I can't imagine a 320x200 resolution for Xwindows!!!). Now I
have a little problem. While the serial mice work perfectly, I tested
this with a friend's Logitech serial mouse), I'm having problems with
my Logitech bus mouse; I tested it defining it in Microsoft, Logitech
and the other modes; also I changed the IRQs defined in the kernel
and changed the IRQs in the mouse card accordingly (now, I did this
BEFORE installing the pl5.). When I test the mouse there are spurious
interrupts which "detect" a click to postition 0,0 or a triple
click (that is clicking the 3 Logitech buttons at once)!!.

Any help about this will be appreciated.

: