Need a Backup Mail Relay (MX Record)

Post by IntX » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:53:37

Hi,

I need a backup mail relay for my domain, as I only have 1 mail server and
it goes down often. I lose e-mail because of this so it would be nice if you
could provide me with a mail relay. I would appreciate this. Please contact
me if you can help.

Thanks,
IntX

Need a Backup Mail Relay (MX Record)

Post by Matt Ve » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:33:23

Hey,

I'd like to help out, but unfortunately I don't have a static IP. If you
want to host my dynamic IP for me with your nameserver (and some scripts
of mine to keep it correct), then I'd happily be your backup MX.

Laters,

Matt

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
open(S,$0);while(<S>){if(/l(.*?$l)/x){

Quote:>39?86:77));$l= $ l?'\$':'\(';}}print"\n";

Need a Backup Mail Relay (MX Record)

Post by Neural Blad » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:00:49

www.everyone.net

worth a look if nothing else

Will

Quote:> Hi,

> I need a backup mail relay for my domain, as I only have 1 mail server and
> it goes down often. I lose e-mail because of this so it would be nice if
you
> could provide me with a mail relay. I would appreciate this. Please
contact
> me if you can help.

> Thanks,
> IntX

1. MX record and sendmail.cf setup for relay email to UUCP machine?

I have Solaris 2.1 on SPARCclassic.  Sending mail to

forward joe's email to machine.uucp automatically.
I am using Solaris 2.1's sendmail.mx.

What do I need to make it work?

Other question here, sending email to joe%machine.UUCP works fine, but
I would like to avoid using .UUCP and sendmail can still send email
to joe%machine via UUCP.  Other unix's sendmail.cf has CU and CV,
but Solaris 2.1's sendmail.cf does not have them.  How can I make
sendmail recongize machine as UUCP machine without using ".UUCP"?

Thanks in advance.

        Jamie

2. Shrinking /usr-filesystem (no help from one FAQ)

3. MX cannot relay mail to a particular SMTP AUTH server

4. Soundcard 128 PCI in Redhat 8.0

5. Solaris 2.3 sendmail.mx not using MX records

6. Rather than blowup my monitor....

7. configuring an MX record and mail server

8. first-time RH Linux 9 installation

9. MX-record: how to send mail from my domain

10. MX records/secondary mail host cfg?

11. MX, A records on DNS and mail reject problem

12. Cant mail to sites using MX records

13. MX record for secondary mail host