Linux X11 support for Matrox Ultima card

Linux X11 support for Matrox Ultima card

Post by Ashutosh Tiwa » Wed, 24 Nov 1993 13:41:56

I am considering buying a 486 EISA/VESA machine which has a "3MB Matrox VLB
card" which supports 24-Bit color at 1024x768. It uses a chipset built
by Matrox.  Does the X server available with Linux support this card. If not,
are there any other servers that might work. If not, how much extra work is
involved in doing this myself and what information do I need from the
supplier of the card. I would also like to hear from someone who is
interested in trying a project of this sort.

Thanks

- Ashutosh

1. Matrox - Old "Ultima Plus 200" Support?

Ok...screw the Millennium and Mystique - what about support for the old
Ultima cards?  The SVGA package under XF86 won't do it, the VGA16 will at
640x480 (which I consider unusable).  The MetroX kit _claims_ to support
the card, but I can't get it to work no matter what I try.

Anyone get one of these cards to work?  I'm spoiled, running 1172x882x32bpp
under Win95...

Setup is:

486/66 VL
Matrox Ultima Plus 200 VLB card with 4MB
NEC 4FG
--

2. FTP + ipportfw

3. MetroX with *old* Matrox Ultima Plus 200 card - no go?!

4. Palm pilot software

5. Video card MATROX ULTIMA/IMPRESSION

6. Slackware & Shadow Passwords ?

7. Matrox Ultima video card driver?

8. proxy on linux

9. Help! : Matrox Ultima card & X server Setup

10. Is the MATROX millenium card supported in X11?

11. Matrox Atlas Ultima

12. MetroX with Matrox ULTIMA (not milennium!!)

13. Metro-X and Matrox Ultima problem