Linus not recognizing 2nd hard drive.

Post by jim wiegan » Fri, 26 Jun 1992 09:32:05

Hi-
   Linus doesn't recognize any of my hard drives.
   He hasn't seen them yet ...

   [sorry... couldn't resist.]

Post by C. G. Albo » Fri, 26 Jun 1992 16:30:25

>Hi-
>   Linus doesn't recognize any of my hard drives.
>   He hasn't seen them yet ...

>   [sorry... couldn't resist.]

Heh, I was waiting for someone to do this :)

---
Chris.

1. Linus not recognizing 2nd hard drive

As outlined in the install documents I boot the system from floppy and
run the FDISK command. Yet only one of my drives comes up with the partition
info. My machine has an IDE drive (in CMOS), and an ESDI drive on an UltraStor
12f-24 controller (own BIOS). I have no problemswith OS/2 or DR DOS, but
Linux does not see the ESDI drive (no real problems as I was going to install
Linux on the IDE drive) - was just curious.

  ---  ---      Frank Pikelner
  \    \  \     Technical Assistant, Department of Computer Science
   \-   \--     York University (Toronto, Canada)

2. Intro to C and Unix books for someone with a cobol/mainframe mindset?

3. Once a Linux Hard Drive ALWAYS a Linus Hard Drive???

4. xscreensaver Lock with CTRL-ALT-L

5. Cant recognize 2nd SCSI Hard DRIVE

6. ksh.1 for pdksh v5.2.3

7. fdisk doesn't recognize 2nd hard drive

8. syslogd disappears

9. RAMDISK Doesn't Recognize Packard Bell 2nd Hard Drive

10. Fdisk : could not recognise 2nd,3rd,4th drives

11. New hard drive not correctly recognized.

12. External USB hard drive not recognized as valid block device

13. Hard drive partition information not recognized