Question on Imake

Post by Tan Pong He » Sun, 28 Feb 1993 12:10:07

I have a question to those compiling X-windows packages.  Recently, I
tried to installed cxterm on Linux/XFree86, and ran into a lot of
problem with the Imake.  Basically, the UsrLibDir, UsrIncludeDir and
other directories relative to the X ProjectRoot are expanded incorrectly -
with an extra space after the '/usr/X386 '.  So, my question is why so?
Is there any easy fix for this, or do I have to edit all the Makefiles
generated from the Imakefiles to correctly this?

I have traced the problem down to the cpp of gcc - and it seems to happen
in all port of gcc, there is always an extra space after the macro expansion.
In fact, you can try the following code segment - and see if you get what
you expected.

#define P abc
#define Q def
#define Concat(a,b) a##b
#define test Concat(P,Q)
test

Well, I expect to get 'abcdef' if I pass this to cpp, but I got 'PQ' instead.
And, I am sure if you some how got it to expand P and Q you will get 'abc def'
still not 'abcdef'.

Well, I hope somebody out there have a easy solution for this!

Tan Pong Heng

1. XMKMF and IMAKE want Imake.tmpl

--
I can't seem to compile any X11R5 stuff. My xmkmf and imake programs search
for a file called Imake.tmpl. I don't have one and would really like one. I

-jake

--
#include <disclaimer.h>

Sincerely,                      If you open your      Don't turn this way
                                eyes for me           Don't turn that way
Jake Skinner Garcia,            you won't rely on     Straight down the middle
Eternal Darkness(tm)            open eyes to see (*1) until next Thursday (*2)

Snail:  Jake Garcia, 5130 N. Dona Ana Rd., Las Cruces, NM 88005
*1 Quote above taken from "Silent Lucidity" (Queensryche, "Empire")
*2 Quote above taken from "Get the Balance Right" (DM, "People are People")

2. TCP send behaviour leads to cable modem woes

3. imake = Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory

4. Advice needed on test results

5. How imake looks for Imake.tmpl file ?.

6. Fortran Programming, getting started

7. a question on imake

8. L0101... lilo problem solved

9. Imake template question

10. Novice imake question

11. QUESTION: Imake and customization

12. imake question

13. Imake question; where to specify location of X11 libs