PC + DOS Emulator Source Code for UNIX

Post by Emmett Sau » Sun, 18 Oct 1992 23:47:00

KC> |>   Greetings DOS-doers:
KC> |>
KC> |>   I worked on a project for over a year to develop a PC AND
KC> DOS emulator
KC> |> under unix.  This was supposed to be our "BIG" break (and it
KC> just about broke

KC> learn about
KC> |> marketing.  A lot of your potential buyers got the shakes
KC> when Microsoft
KC> |> announced their effort to bring a DOS emulator to every
KC> machine (for free?).
KC>
KC>          .
KC>          .
KC>          .
KC>
KC> |> It runs Quicken, most of WordPerfect and Microsoft word as
KC> it sits.  The
KC> |> mouse stuff still has a few problems.
KC> |>
KC> |>   The code has been sitting on the shelf for a year or so
KC> now, waiting for
KC> |> its "BIG" break.  I am posting this notice to see how many
KC> people would be
KC> |> interested in using and improving it.   Also any suggestions
KC> on how to
KC> |> support it would be appreciated (like pearl?)

Well I for one  would like to see it.... it sounds much more advanced
than
what we have in the DOSEMU at present.

For support, I think it could be handled much as GNU software.  I see
no
reason why that should not work unless of course you are asking $$$ for
the source.

I would be willing to let you use my bbs as a support board.

                                 | +1 512 578 2720 |
                                 |   Linux Files   |
                                 |  SLS - .98pl1   |
                                 |   available!    |

 * Origin: Advanced BBS - Line 1 (512)578-2720 (1:3802/215)

1. porting C source code to/from UNIX to/from DOS

Hey,

  When I port my code to DOS from UNIX, I have to find all of the
#include statements and ensure they have file names of eight
characters or less. When I port the code back to UNIX, I have to
ensure that none of the file names mentioned in the #include
statements have any upper case characters.

I have a very deep directory structure with lots of files. What tool
do I use to search for every C/C++ source code file in this large
directory structure and find #include statemetns with illegal file
names for DOS or UNIX?

I understand emacs, sed, gawk, and, I think, perl are all available on DOS as well as UNIX. I've used emacs and gawk a  little. I have been reading about sed hoping that it would help me, but so far it does not look like a good bet.

What would you use? sed, gawk, perl, emacs or something else to
automate this task?

Boulder, CO 80303                             Voice: 303 499 6575

2. Samba / Win 95 / Win 98 Encryption

3. Unix to DOS Source code (and help?)

4. Problems on GNOME

5. m$ "lost" the source code for W95, DOS, Q-DOS ?

6. Looking for rdump/rrestore source code

7. Please help me with finding source code for terminal emulator.

8. Dip 'Unknown Server Error'

9. IBM 3270 emulator wanted - pref. with source code

10. Looking for IBM5250 emulator source code

11. Mac emulator for "PC TERM" scan code terminal

12. Looking for IBM5250 emulator source code

13. csh emulator for PC DOS?