DIP problem: 'mode SLIP' gives SETD error

DIP problem: 'mode SLIP' gives SETD error

Post by David Simmo » Sat, 21 Aug 1993 12:15:51

Due to errors in the installation of the news software on
my system, the return address was incorrect on my last
message.  This address should be correct.
Here is the original message:

When I try to initiate a SLIP connection with a terminal server,
DIP gives me a "SETD: Invalid argument" error when I attempt
to "mode SLIP".

I am setting the remote, port, and speed commands correctly.
(and also the local).

I have the terminal server set to always give me my machine's
IP address, and the terminal server prompts me that SLIP mode
has begun.  The terminal server is an Annex, set to handle
compression.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David Simmons
System Administrator
Mississippi State University Electrical Engineering

1. DIP problem: mode SLIP gives SETD: Invalid argument

When I try to initiate a SLIP connection with a terminal server,
DIP gives me a "SETD: Invalid argument" error when I attempt
to "mode SLIP".

I am setting the remote, port, and speed commands correctly.
(and also the local).

I have the terminal server set to always give me my machine's
IP address, and the terminal server prompts me that SLIP mode
has begun.  The terminal server is an Annex, set to handle
compression.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David Simmons
System Administrator
Mississippi State University Electrical Engineering

2. modem programming

3. 'make dep' gives error - what gives?

4. Ctrl-Alt-F1 - easy question

5. Help: dip error 'unknown server error'

6. cc message error.

7. SLIP with 'dip'

8. driver for HFC ISDN

9. dip drops carrier at 'mode PPP'

10. 'stty dec' gives "unknown mode: dec" in 2.3

11. HELP: modem hang up after typing 'mode PPP' in dip

12. dip gives error for "mode CSLIP"

13. dip giving error for "mode CSLIP"