Help! Install failed on Linux 99p4.62

Post by Y.X. » Fri, 19 Feb 1993 02:28:45

Help! After installed Linux 99p4.62 (disk a1-a4) on a extended partition,
I reboot the computer with the boot disk prepared by Linux, and then
select 80x25 VGA mode by pressing space bar. But the computer reboot
again. This happens every time after I select the display mode.

Finally, I give up, and try to use 'bootlin' to boot Linux from DOS.
This time it runs all the way till the message "Partition table ok",
and hang in there after showing me the following error message:

MINIX-fs: unable to read superblock
EXT-fs: unable to read superblock
MSDOS bread failed
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev 0x343 iso_blknum 16
kernel panic: Unable to mount root

I use the original a1 and a2 disk to boot again, and mount the partition
that Linux was installed to, everything are there.

I will really appreciate you help!

- Yifeng Ho -

Help! Install failed on Linux 99p4.62

Post by hgoldho.. » Thu, 04 Mar 1993 00:11:46

stuff deleted

Quote:

> Finally, I give up, and try to use 'bootlin' to boot Linux from DOS.
> This time it runs all the way till the message "Partition table ok",
> and hang in there after showing me the following error message:

> MINIX-fs: unable to read superblock
> EXT-fs: unable to read superblock
> MSDOS bread failed
> kernel panic

Yep, I have the same message,with the same bootlin.
My Linux partion is on /dev/hda5  and I thinks thats where bootlin
goes down the drain . If you look in the bootlin.asm you see a selection
menu which incoorporates hda1-4 , hdb1-4  , but no hda5 or 6.

Is your linux boot partition > 4 ?

Still working on the boot.asm file, maybe I get it fixed, let me know
your findings.

Quote:> I will really appreciate you help!

> - Yifeng Ho -

Harry Goldhoorn

1. SCO 5.0.4 (Dialer failed on line tty1A, timer expired (error 62)) HELP!

We are just now starting to use SCO 5.0.4, but when we enable either serial
port we get this message on tty01:

/etc/getty tty1A 6 (the date) PID <pid>:
dialer failed on line tty1A, timer expired (error 62)

We tried /etc/getty, /etc/getty -t 60, /usr/lib/uucp/uugetty -t 60, etc...
We also tried both serial ports, several different gettydef entries.

We are using a MultiTech Modem (2834BA) and atdialMT in
/usr/lib/uucp/Devices

So... we can never spawn a getty on either serial port.  If ANYONE has seen
this problem before, please let me know.

Thanks,

Scott Saddison, MMC

2. Display resizing without killing the monitor...

3. Installing RH Linux 62 PArt II

4. linux over 1gig on older systems

5. Dialer failed on line tty1A: Timer expired (error 62)

6. printing to remote printer etc...

7. aha2940u2w fails with rh61,62 suse6.4, ok w/rh6 and suse6.2

8. xcolor, xshowcmap, xstdcmap: in which rpm?

9. Major opcode of failed request: 62 (X_CopyArea)

10. Dailer failed on line tty1A: Timer expired(error 62)

11. Dialer failed on line tty1A: Timer expired (error 62)

12. Dialer failed on line ttyxx: Timer expired (error 62)

13. Dialer failed on line tty1A: Timer expired (error 62)